Chapter 37 +

JIMIN POV

Right now, we were having a meeting with the CEO of Kim enterprises, Kim Taehyung who I knew since my childhood... well kind of... we were close till six and then he just grew distant. He was always the ambitious one. The one who wanted to prove his worth. He got into business much before I did. My father always praised him which resulted in me disliking him. But we were good friends for show.

I was busy stealing glances at her. But as for her, she was shamlessly gawking at Taehyung.

I sighed. After all he was handsome……. Not as much as me but handsome.

I signalled her once to bring the files. Of course, she didn't notice that as she was counting the number of moles up his nose. God..

I signalled her twice. No response. Why can't she just go and kiss him? I mean no. No, don't kiss him!

“Y/N.” I yelled. She quickly came to me. She tried to take a file back when I swatted her hand like a fly. She looked embarassingly at Taehyung. Yes, yes, I'll ruin all her chances with him. That is if she had any. Ha.ha.

The rest of the meeting, I was bothered about how Taehyung was stealing glances at her. Since when is he so interested in relationships and girls? Isn't he gay or something?

********

The meeting was over and Taehyung came to meet me. I did not fail to notice him chattering with Y/N just before he entered.

“Jiminie…” He came and hugged me.“It's been so long.” Like I said good friends for show...

“Well, you know business..” I shrugged.

We chatted for some time and then I said,
“So, tell me about you.”

“What about me?” He shrugged.

“Anyone new that I should know of?” I suggested slyly.

He chuckled.“You know I have no time. Plus there are very less interesting people around.”

“Seriously? You couldn't find one interesting person around you?” I asked him surprised.

“Well, not around me but around you….” He looked back at Y/N sitting behind the desk and doing her work.

My smile faltered a little.

“And what about you? You keep talking as if you are in a very successful relationship.”

“Not right no-” I was cut off by Y/N.

She came in avoiding eye contact with me. She probably hates me that much. Good, it makes it easier for me to hate her too.

She gave me some files and when I looked back up she was smiling at Taehyung. It was a sweet smile. Would she smile at me like that if I treated her well?

Well, the point is I can't treat her well. I just need to push her away from me so that we both can lead a peaceful life before anything gets out hand.

I threw the file at her
“If you are doing something, do it properly.”

“Woah man. Calm down.” Taehyung shot her an apologetic look.

What do you know, Taehyung?

She picked up the files and went out.

“Why do you treat her like that? You're not usually like that.”  Taehyung asked me after she had left.

I didn't respond and pretended to not hear anything question. But he urged.

“She seems to be good at her work too. So what's the problem?”

“You know nothing, Taehyung.” I said spitefully.

“Woah. Why so much hate?”

“I just want her gone. I don't want her anywhere near me.”

“Weird but then why aren't you firing her?”

“I can't...It's complicated...”

“So will you be okay if my company hires her?” He said out of nowhere.

“Why would you do that?” I was annoyed. She was my secretary. Why would he take her away from me?

“My current secretary is about to retire. And yours seems to be pretty good at this.”

“Oh, she won't leave this company, so try all you want.” I couldn't hide my smirk. If there was one thing I was sure of then this would be it. She'll never leave the company. She'll never leave……me.

“But what if she did?” Taehyung smirked. What was his problem now?

I tensed up.
“Well, like I said I just want her gone so it's going to be nice.”

Taehyung quickly got up and went out of the office. He started chatting with her and giggling. Thank heavens for my idea of installing these glass walls.

Since when was Taehyung such a flirt?

He suddenly gasped and then ran into my office again.
“You make her work till nine.”

“Well, she is my secretary.” I shrugged pretending to be unbothered.

“Okay then, I'm taking her now.”

“Wh-what? No, you can't. She has work.”

“Oh but Jiminie you said you wanted her gone. I'm just helping you.” He pouted.

I really didn't have anything to say to him.

He took my silence as a yes and went out and pulled her along.

But before she left she looked at me. Well, not at me but the glass door. She probably couldn't see anything in but it felt like she was staring right at me.

It's like she was asking me permission. And maybe for a split second I thought that the emotions we shared for each other were exactly the same.

‘Don't go.’

But she let him take her away from me.

_________________________________________