k

published: 2019.05.16 // edited: 2021.09.29

lipstick

the next morning, hayeon was craving pink

the next morning, hayeon was craving pink. not the "rosey blush flamingo on a chilly day underneath a magnolia tree searching for rhodochrosite while smashing pink coffee beans" kind of pink.

it was more like a "i'm gonna take over the world while painting my nails" kind of pink. she felt empowered, and anyone who crossed her path could tell.

hayeon slipped a cute white blouse with a slightly ruffled collar and a light pink skirt along with some white sandals and light make up.

her first instinct was to go to the coffee shop where they sold that strange pink substance. she wasn't planning on buying that. no, no, no. she was going to use her confidence in her favor and order something as an excuse to see that boy with eye-catching hair.

however, the moment her eyes landed on him her breath hitched. he smiled at her, "welcome, do you want another pink coffee or do you want to try something that is actually edible?"

all her courage from earlier seemed to drain in a flash. "hi, i, uh, can i have a strawberry milk tea, please." she stuttered.

"one lovely drink for a lovely lady coming right up." he winked.

she gasped lightly as a blush spread through her cheeks. he didn't miss that.

"you know," he said as he started to prepare her drink. "that lipstick looks really good on you." he turned his head over his shoulder towards her. "i like it."