e

published: 2021.07.27 // edited: 2021.10.03

semblance

salty tears ran down hayeon's cheeks

salty tears ran down hayeon's cheeks. just a mere seconds ago it was all bright and pink (enjoyable enough for hayeon). now it was all ice cold and she was sure she just peed herself a little.

their movements towards her stopped once all of them were in a perfect circumference. hayeon stared at chanhee who was now standing at the edge of the pool until she felt a grip around her ankle.

her heart jumped in fear and she gasped at the sensation and looked down to see nothing but her own two legs. she desperately glanced once again to chanhee's spot, only to not see him there anymore.

the last thing she saw through her tears was wasn't pink. it was eerie and unexplainable. it was the faces of the people surrounding her fade.

the last thing she heard wasn't chanhee's "i love you" nor mira's giggles. it was the sound of the water muting the voices of the boys.

the last thing she felt wasn't chanhee's arms secure around her. it was the restraint on her ankle tightening and pulling her under the deep dark water and never letting go.

the last thing she thought wasn't something pink like the daily drinks chanhee made just for her. nor chanhee with his unique hair holding mira who she grew to love dearly in such a short amount of time. her last thought was a farewell to the people of her coping semblance.

'thank you, goodbye.'