-

published: 2019.07.17 // edited: 2021.09.30

third-wheeling

"jacob?"

"hayeon?"

the two said adults looked at each other in shock. feeling out of place, chanhee did the first thing he could think of to wreck the wall he felt separating him from them.

"chanhee?"

now he regretted it seeing their unamused expressions towards him. "sorry..." he muttered looking down at the wooden floor while fiddling with his fingers.

"didn't expect you to be the girl this dude has been rambling about for days!" chanhee visibly panicked at jacob's straightforward words.

"didn't expect you to know how to deal with babies other than eric." hayeon retorted, though his comment did make her heart dance around in happiness. she walked towards the older man and wrapped him in a tight hug, burying her face on his neck.

the pink haired man felt his chest tighten up at the actions the woman whom he had just confessed earlier that day made. he couldn't help it.

mira, once again, started crying loudly, and he didn't know if he felt happy that their little moment would come to an end, or frustrated that the cries wouldn't let him sleep at night.

all three adults turned towards her, hayeon removing her arms from around jacob, who took the cotton material and explained each step to hayeon and chanhee, who had a silent agreement to take the parenting roles of the crying bundle.

they could have just ignored the noises at the alley, or given the responsibility to an orphanage, but something inside of them made them feel responsible for her.