-

published: 2019.07.13 // edited: 2021.09.29

new - arrival

the two young adults ran under the natural showers, the umbrella that had previously shielded both of them long forgotten after hayeon practically pounced on chanhee to kiss his blushing cheek

they had grinned at each other shyly before the rainfall got heavier, so they interlocked their pinkies and made their way to the closest shelter (hayeon slipped in the action, chanhee just laughed at her).

so here they are now: drenched, cold, in an alleyway under the fire escape of an apartment building. they giggled quietly to themselves, trying absorb their feelings in the moment. that is, until they heard a muffled whimper.

their smiles were wiped off almost instantly and they looked at each other in bewilderment, hayeon narrowed her eyes at where she thought she heard the sound and tiptoed towards the damp carton box fort further down the pathway, chanhee following closely behind.

the shivering girl hesitated to open the brown lid, she chewed on her bottom lip at the nerve wracking feeling expanding from her chest to the tips of her hands. chanhee wasted no time in slipping his hand in hers, squeezing reassuringly.

with one last breath, hayeon lifted the thick material, revealing the beginning of one hell of a ride that they would have to face, together.