e

published: 2021.07.29 // edited: 2021.10.03

hope

slowly but surely, hayeon started to remember everything

she had been raped by her ex-boyfriend who was now in jail, she fell into a coma after giving birth, and she had no one to support her and her baby.

everything that she thought was real was a mere illusion with the purpose to give herself some needed hope. jacob and sunwoo, really good friends of her, helped her recover the most and explained details to help her remember. what they couldn't explain, was chanhee's appearance.

"i don't get it." sunwoo messed his hair in frustration. "you never mentioned a pink haired man before, you never mentioned a barista and you never mentioned a chanhee."

"i read somewhere that the mind can't create faces." jacob piped up, sudden realization dawning on him.

"and? what does my creative inability have to do with all of this?" hayeon looked at him weirdly, but sunwoo was catching up on his statement.

"so that means he wasn't really created on her mind." he stood up with wide eyes.

"i'm lost." hayeon defeatedly sprawled on the sofa, only glancing up a little to check on a sleeping baby mira. how was she supposed to know all of this? she barely understood basic maths.

jacob, however, mirrored sunwoo's action but facing the female. "chanhee isn't an illusion. he's a real person, he's out there, and you have seen him."

~!

you have reached the end of the story. it definitely took quite a turn. i wasn't planning on doing something like this but i figured it would be an unexpected twist, so yeah.

huge thanks to everyone that voted and commented or just read my story, i had tons of fun writing and developing a plot that will make you go all soft and mushy just to crush you hehe.

shoutout to moonrisenth aestheticbesson and https-loona for supporting this book till the end.

have a pink life, my loves <3

- nana (: