i

published: 2021.07.26 // edited: 2021.10.03

parted lips

two hours after their feast, the young adults glided freely in the large body of water to the lull of their laughter

two hours after their feast, the young adults glided freely in the large body of water to the lull of their laughter. baby mira was asleep on her portable crib with chanhee keeping an eye on her and hayeon enjoyed the cool feeling in her skin.

some were sitting in the edge while the rest swam. at one point, they were joking around and hayeon ended in the middle of the pool giggling.

when she calmed down, she looked back to them. their faces were void of any emotion, the smiles were wiped out of their faces and they had their eyes set on her small form.

the silence enveloped them almost immediately like a thick blanket on a hot summer day; disturbing and undesirable.

her head started to feel heavier, her breathing increased and her chest clenched. their stares were too much for her, knives couldn't even compare.

she turned to the man she trusted in, only to see him with the same facial expressions. she gulped, feeling naked and vulnerable under the overwhelming sensation.

"when are you coming back?" kim sunwoo, a boy too mature for his age said, but his mouth never moved.

"we miss you." eric, the youngest male there, took a step forward, mouth unmoving.

"please come back."

"it's not the same without you."

"it's been so long."

"i can't wait much more."

they all started walking towards the shaking female until she was surrounded. tears streamed down her cheeks as she looked in circles looking for an escape. the voices never stopped. they never parted their lips once, all except for chanhee,

"i need you."