v

published: 2021.07.28 // edited: 2021.10.03

receptive

hayeon woke up with a groan, a pounding head, and a coughing fit

hayeon woke up with a groan, a pounding head, and a coughing fit. all in the same bed.

she was breathing heavily, oxygen hardly seeping in through her dry throat and her head spun wildly. she looked around the room. it wasn't her and chanhee's nor her room at the almost forgotten apartment she used to live in.

the walls were light and there were machines attached to her body with a constant beep that killed her head even more. she was at the hospital.

she tried to move her legs to stand up, but they wouldn't budge. she couldn't feel them at all. she started panicking, her heartbeat increasing so bad a couple of nurses came running in at the alarming sound of the cardiac monitor.

after slowing down the pace of her heart, they started surmising possible reasons on why she couldn't feel anything waist down. "it's most likely to be because of a trauma. don't worry too much, i mean, you did just wake up from a coma after giving birth."

hayeon choked. "i what?" she never had anything with anyone except for chanhee- but they didn't take things further than occasional pecks and cuddling, so these news were totally unexpected.

the nurse dismissed her hysteria. "i'll go bring your baby so you can name her." she exited the room and came back as fast as she left and passed hayeon the newborn.

the innocence in her arms slept peacefully, so painfully familiar. she choked a gasp. "...mira?"