Inner Thoughts

********

********

After everything happened, I couldn't bring myself to go back to my home. My mom wasn't expecting me back for at least an hour and I wasn't looking forward to divulging the events that had taken place.

Shock still hadn't deserted me as I walked around the same sidewalk I was on this morning with my brother. Except for this time, there was a twist. I was all alone. No one was around to communicate my feelings with and I was having so many of them that I needed to set free.

Did I think too much of him?

After the night we spent together and how well he has been taking care of me over the past couple days, I just assumed he would end things with her.

I knew what I said to my brother, but I truly thought their relationship was on a downward trajectory and ours was going upwards. Guess this is what I get for wishing bad on their relationship.

Jeez, how could he do that in the bed we cuddled in two nights ago?

Or maybe it was the other way around and he cuddled with me in the same bed that they fornicated in not long before. I hope he washed the sheets. I shuttered at the thought before I wondered if it was the first time.

I exhaled, it's very likely that it wasn't. He's my best friend and we've talked about sex before, but we admittedly haven't talked about much of anything recently. Actually, since he and Liv got together.

Plus, she was known to be a bit promiscuous, I think that's one of the reasons why she moved from her old school. He pulled away from me on her behalf and he did it so willingly. It didn't even seem like he was struggling when I was on the verge of breaking.

She was threatened by our friendship and told him to stop talking to me, and he didn't even put up a fight. So, am I crazy for thinking that there was ever something between us besides an amicable love?

Perhaps, all the signs I saw of him being interested in more than just a friendship were all in my head. We've been besties forever if it was going to happen it probably would have happened by now. I felt tears stroll down my face as I approached the park in the center of my neighborhood and our infamous tree.

This tree has gone from hosting my most beloved memories to some of my torturous. My hunch is that it's transitioning into more of a multipurpose tree. I carefully climbed up the side of the icy tree and sat on a protracted, bulky limb near the one I usually sat on, also known as Jay's.

He was so stubborn when were younger. Well, he is now too, but not as much. It was unbearable, we absolutely could have fit on the same branch even though he insisted that he needed his own.

He went back and forth between two weird excuses. If we both sat on it the branch would fall or we physically couldn't fit and even though both could be disproven very quickly, he insisted.