Both Of Us

*Celia Byrne*

*Celia Byrne*

When I got into the bathroom stall, I leaned against the wall and a waterfall of tears bolted out from both of my eyes. A series of whimpers followed. I was gasping for air that wasn't filling my lungs quick enough. My body hit the floor and I was clutching onto the toilet for dear life. The thought of throwing up all over myself terrified me and I couldn't control the way I was shaking.

"Daya, its Celia, and Piper," I heard Celia say from the other side of the stall. I could see their boots from the where I was sitting.

"You have all of us worried," Celia continued. "Girl, you need a hug and lucky for you, I'm a hugger. Come on," Piper tried to sound comforting.

A groan roared from my mouth and I wanted to say something but it just made me cry more. People pitying me makes me feel even more pitiful.

"Aw, sweetie we just want to help you," I saw Celia crouch down.

"You're lucky it's us. The boys wanted to run here," Piper's feet left my view. I assumed she was pacing.

I waited a few seconds before I mustered the strength to open the door.
"You look terrible," Piper said bluntly before Celia gave her a piercing look.

They both pulled me out of the stall and into a crushing hug. I cried on their shoulders, and Celia rubbed my back. It felt odd to cry on two strangers basically, but it didn't matter. I needed someone and they cared enough to be there.

They didn't say anything or ask me any questions I didn't want to answer. They just tried to comfort me. People walked in and out of the bathroom, but no one said anything until the ringing of the bell.

"Daya, let's get you cleaned up." I nodded as Piper walked me closer to the sinks and mirrors.

I looked up at myself and immediately looked back down. My face was red and wet, I looked like I just lived through a category 4 hurricane, and I felt like it emotionally. I really did look terrible. Celia gently grabbed my chin and dabbed a wet paper towel around my puffy eyes.

"Celia's the mom of the group if you couldn't tell by now," Piper stated, still rubbing my back.
"I would say I'm the most loving," Celia retorted.

"I can't go out there looking like this. I don't think I can handle seeing Liv fourth block," I whispered.

"Did she say something to you?" Piper asked sounding genuinely upset about the possibility.

"Don't worry about her. I'll be by your side if she says a word to you," Celia assured me.

I shook my head lavishly, "I don't know what happened after I left. She already hates me. If she finds out, she's going to tell everyone."

"Who cares what she says," Piper asked. "She's nobody in the grand scheme of things."

They didn't understand. I backed away from them both and wiped my eyes with my hoodie sleeve. "No, I can't be here."