Bewilderment

********

********

Somehow, even Geometry class felt better. The lights were brighter, the room was warmer, and the math looked less stupid. Still, I was so happy to get out of that class because it was one step closer to seeing him. When I walked out into the hall I was looking for him, but he was probably on the other side of the school. So, I didn't really expect to see him, but a girl could still hope.

"Hey Daya," I was so focused on looking for Banks that I didn't even notice that Brian was approaching me.

"Brian, hi," I said as we walked beside each other in a bit of an awkward way. There was dead silence between us for a few seconds past comfortable.

"Were you alright yesterday?" He said as he put both of his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah, I had to get home. I'm sorry for walking out on you guys."

His shoulder brushed against my mine, "Everything got a little weird when you and Pipes left." I knew I needed to tell him the same thing I told Jay and tried to tell Banks. Or maybe I didn't. He has Michy now possibly and we had one in depth conversation. It's not like we were supposed to betrothed or something.

Still, I decided to say, "Brian, this may be coming way out of the left field for you, but I'm not..." I couldn't do it. Awkwardness was wrangled throughout me and it wasn't just going to shake off.

He stopped by what I assumed to be his class and said, "I know what you're getting at Day. When shit goes down, I can always count on having good friends around. That's cool with me. I'm actually trying to get something going with Michy so.... I'll see you around," he moved to go into his class.

I stopped him, "Thank you.... for not being as weird as I am about all this."

"Of course I'm not mad. We're good."

I breathed out, "My guardian angel."

"Only part time now," he joked before he ducked into his class. Whew, I felt relieved that part of this was over.

Being with Banks brought me to a different universe and made me completely forget about what happened with Liv. Until it dawned on me that her tippy tappy high heeled boots were still there. I walked into World History and sat in my seat with a flop. My feelings needed to be shared instead of holding everything in forever.

Well, I guess I'm still trying to figure out how I feel exactly. I was lost in my thoughts when Olivia walked in the class and over to my seat. I didn't notice her until her cackle rammed into my ears with like a car wreck.

"Daya, from pervert to thot. I never expected that." She flipped my hair away from my neck in a mocking way. I guess Banks wasn't joking and not only is it there, it's noticeable. Still, I tried to play this smart and beat the queen in her own court.