Make My Day

********

********

Day six - December 8, Saturday

Dear dad, who are you? You created me. I wouldn't be who I am if it was not for you. Yet, I cannot identify the man you are. I knew you as Samuel Johnston, loving father, husband, and friend. The businessman who works at a car sales company. Your favorite food is corn on the cob, and you have an affinity for superheroes. That's the man I used to know. You made corny dad jokes, and you protected us with everything you had. Now, everything I thought I knew has been turned on its head. I didn't want to believe it at first, but I saw it with my own eyes. I heard the words you said that I thought you could never even think to say. I'm confused because I see glimmers of the man I knew, but the you that has been recently uncovered is much more prevalent. When I think of you, the man I saw yesterday is who I think of, but who is he?

The early morning light penetrated beyond the car windows during the time I awoke on top of a sleeping Banks. My eyes opened wide as the realization on last night's events came over me. Still, my body remained tranquil over his warm skin. A small groan descended from his lips as his head tilted to the other side. I closed my eyes and snuggled against him once more.

"Day, are you up?" He whispered and even though I was, I didn't reply. His body shifted underneath me when he lifted his head up to place a kiss in my hair.

I must have back dozed off because when my eyes opened again his voice and a reluctant shake to my back was the reason.

"Daya, you got to get up, babe," somehow his voice became even more velvety overnight. I shook my head, which resulted in a chuckle coming from him.

"Am I a good pillow?" He yawned in the most adorable way possible.

I lazily smiled up at him, "The best."

His lips reconnected with my hair, "Should I pursue a career in it?"

I giggled, "People would pay top dollar for this," I pinched his side.

"Ouch, we have to get up now. It's almost 10 o'clock." The smile that was forming on my face dropped as I popped my head up and off his chest. I looked out the window to see that the parking lot had about six more cars in it then it did last night, but they were all on the other side. If I wasn't too busy freaking out because the sun was up I would have had time to notice the amazing view of the early morning lighthouse. How the orange and blue of the sky ran together in perfect harmony.