She's an Angel

********

********

I almost dozed back off to dreamland with Banks when I heard movement and voices outside of my door. My phone light appeared to show me that it charged enough to come back on. The time said 9:17 in the morning. Still too early to be awake in my opinion, apparently not for my brother. "Denny," I shouted because I was still too tired to get out of bed and drained from my morning dreaming.

He opened the door to my room, "What is it, Little Miss?"

"It's such a beautiful morning," I cooed.

"Who are you talking to?" I tried to sound casual but I couldn't hide the knowing smile from my face. "You sound really happy," I accused.

"It's a friend, why are you worrying about it?" I could see a smile trying to creep onto his face. "It has to be more than that; I can hear you giggling from in here," I laughed.

"Daya, instead of bothering me go make some breakfast or something," he moved to close the door.

"Love you," I said through the crack before it sealed.

A part of me couldn't believe that out of all the things I could've dreamed of that is what arrived in my mind. I didn't know if I should mention it to him or not. How would he react? I pulled myself out of my covers, and I sat on my daybed. From one bed right to another. The glass was frosty as I laid a hand on it. I looked at the tree beside the small sliver of a roof that I had there. I should have known it was a dream. I've never been able to climb up it. I put on the same sweats from yesterday before I headed to the bathroom.

When I looked in the mirror, I saw that the bruises that were once on my neck had become almost nonexistent. As I went downstairs, I saw my mom sitting on the living room couch. I walked behind her and squeezed her shoulders.

"Good morning, mom," I kissed her cheek.

"You seem perky today Daya." I swayed my arms, "I woke up in a good mood."

She rotated around, "Well, I hope it stays for a while."

I smiled into my words, "I'm making breakfast. I am thinking muffins, assorted fruits, and milk or maybe a smoothie. What do you think?"

"It sounds good as long as you're making it. I was out gardening this morning and I am worn-out." I thought it was weird that she was gardening in the snow, but whatever takes her mind off her situation was fine with me.

"It'll be ready soon. I bet the garden looks beautiful; you could be on HGTV," I pointed at her with a giggle.

"You flatter me," she said as I walked into the kitchen. I made a variety of muffins: blueberry, chocolate chip, plain, and banana. It was a bit of an overhaul, but they were so easy to make. I chopped up strawberries and banana slices before I made everyone's plate.