#Winning

********

********

I got out of the car and walked into the gymnasium. It was crowded and hot per usual. Piper came into my view as she was sitting by herself on the bleachers and waved me over.

"Hey Piper," I said over the screaming of the crowd.

"Hey girly, we're up 27 to 18." I knew nothing about basketball, but I did know that was a good thing.

"We don't have much longer in the game, so we're definitely winning." She was overjoyed with giddiness and seemed hyper focused on the intricate plays of the game.

I nodded, "Where's Celia?"

She rolled her eyes, "We had a bit of a falling out after you left. I think she's completely wrong and I'm tired of coddling her." I couldn't hear all of what she said, but I got the overall message.

"So, we're good?" I queried.

"Yeah, and we'll all be soon. It'll take more than Banks to ruin the girl gang. I think we should talk somewhere you can actually hear me." She took my hand and brought me out to the hallway where only a few stragglers were.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked even though I had a pretty good inkling on what it was.

"Celia and mostly Banks," she said matter of factly. Celia's absence was deafening.

"She's sitting at home, pissed off at the world. You can probably guess why she didn't want to be here." Piper elaborated with a little angst in her voice, presumably towards Celia but I never know with her.

"Anyway, it looked like a whole lot went down at lunch. Do you want to talk about it?" Piper sputtered while I stood there kind of confused.

She said she wanted to talk to me yet asked me a question. Still, I answered, "Uh, Liv drama, so much Liv drama. It was all building and building, but it doesn't matter now. That's over."

"When you and her were sent to the office. Banks wasn't happy with whatever was going on. He told us a little bit, definitely more than what you just said," she clearly wasn't thrilled with my answer.

"What did he say?" The dad situation had taken over my mind for the past couple hours so Banks wasn't really on my main concern. I'm curious as to what my dad would think about him.

"He said that he's being crucified for his past actions like we all haven't done things we'd rather not discuss. He and Celia got into an argument about what she said to you about him, like a bad one," she leaned forward and crossed her arms.

"Banks and I haven't really talked about Celia. We didn't really have the time, but I'm going to talk to him about it," I said not trying to sound too standoffish.

"Daya, you know me, at least a little bit. Banks, for all the things wrong with him, he's not a terrible person. He's no where near it. I've known him since the ninth grade. Neo and I were in the thick of it with him. That period of time when he was running around doing whatever and whoever he wanted, I was there," she pointed out.