The Broken Flaws

********

********

We both walked back to the lunch table and sat down with the rest of the groups eyes on us. At first, there were three girls and three boys. Then, there were four boys and one girl. That girl being I.

"What's Cece mad about now?" He asked in a detached manner like this happens all the time.

"You, big boy," Neo said.

"It's always me. What did I do this time?" He stuffed his face with cafeteria macaroni in the most nonchalant way. I squinted my eyes at him, shook my head, and then rotated away.

"What?" He trilled the word.

"She's fuming at us for liking for each other. And particularly offended at me for allowing you to even look at me for too long and you act like it's just a typical Thursday." He smiled with food still filling his mouth.

"Why are you smiling like that?"

"All I'm hearing is that you like me back," he stated with a self-assured tone. I whacked his arm, "Banks. This is serious." He poked his fork around his plate.

"I'm being serious. That's the important part of this to me. She was bothered about it then, she's bothered about it now, and she'll stay bothered about it until she decides not to be. I can't do anything to make her feel better. It's almost been a year since we broke up and we only dated for a few months. The relationship wasn't that serious, at least not to me," he huffed and scrunched up his face.

"Am I supposed to walk on eggshells around her forever because of it? I've spent so much time worrying about Celia and her precious little feelings. I'm going to do what I want and she isn't going to stop me anymore," Banks nodded physically displaying that he was certain about his words. "And I want you."

"Man, you know I don't give a shit about who you're with. No offense to pretty little thing over here, but I'm going to need you to fix it because Piper's pissed. And when she's not happy she likes to take that out on me. So, you better get it right," Neo said like he was over the whole thing.

"Has it really been a year?" I asked Brian, needing clarity.

"Pretty close," he confirmed. I looked over at Mark and he nodded back. Celia sure left that important little detail out.

"Why didn't you tell me that sooner?" I exclaimed in Banks' direction.

"I just met you yesterday."

Ten minutes went by and Piper and Celia still hadn't come back. "I can't wait here any longer. I'm going to check up on them." Within the next second, I got up and headed towards the one place I knew they would be, the bathroom.

I knocked on the door before I slowly opened it and peered my head in. "Hey," I implored softly.

"Do you know what privacy is?" Celia said to me as I entered the area. That was a deep cut given all the information she knew.