Our Day Will Come

*Baby Daya*

*Baby Daya*

Day Five - December 7, Friday

Dear dad, for most of yesterday, you were the furthest thing from my mind. With so many things going on I didn't have time to focus on you for once. You were replaced by Liv tormenting me and Jay destroying my feelings from the outside.

Plus, I gained and possibly lost a group of friends the same day I met them.

I'm destructive.

For so long I have blamed others for my misfortunes, but maybe it's time to blame myself.

I ruin everything.

One of the various wishes I have is to be able to talk to you again. You always know what to say and how to say it. But things are different now. You... made my mom cry and you're still doing that from far away. I need you and you took yourself out of our lives. You took our choices away when you did what you did. I have to blame myself for the decisions and actions that I've made. You must as well.

"Mmmm," I groaned as I was met with sunshine piercing through my window. One eye of mine crept open, and I saw him.

"Dad," I whispered through my groggy voice.

"It's morning, Sunshine," his hands dropped the string that pulled the blinds up. I sunk deeper in my bed and smothered my face with my pillow.

"It's too early to get up. Five more minutes, please." The bed shifted, and I felt the pillow slowly lifting off me.

"We have a big day today, Sunshine." The pillow was switched out by my hands as I said, "No," with a pouty look on my face.

"Your mother is making your favorite breakfast," he said in a sing-song way.

I spread open two of my fingers to peek at him, "Chocolate chip waffles?" He smiled that flashing grin that mom always told me won her over.

"Yes, with bacon, sausage, and eggs to go with them." I moved both of my hands off my face with a smile so wide it could match the jokers.

"You've convinced me!" He high fived himself as he said, "Woohoo kiddo." I threw myself over at him and wrapped him into a huge hug. "I love you dad," to which he replied, "Dad loves you too."

That happened on a morning like this one a decade ago. Except for this time, I awoke to Dennis pulling the blinds up.

"Little Miss, it's time to get up," he said and then proceeded to wince slightly. I pretended that I didn't see it to help with his, this totally doesn't hurt, act.

"Mom is making you some waffles."

I ran my fingers through my hair, that was still marginally damp on some places and yawned. "We have the stuff to make waffles?"