Chapter 34

Erika's POV
Jake grabbed my hands and pulled me closer.

J: Mama please please please-

He put his forehead on mine.

E: I'll see you after school oka-

Jake just backed away and left the school, you could see in his eyes how upset he was and I miss him and love him so so much but I'm scared that if I go back I could get hurt again.

S: hey girly

E:....

R: Erika?

E: oh uh hey.

S: what's wrong?

E: Jake he- I-

R: Erika if you really wanted to divorce him you would've taken off that ring by now.

S: you wouldn't be slowly taking your clothes from the house you would've gotten them all at once.

E: he called me-

R: yes girl we know because he, no offense, he's an idiot so is Anthony. He said he can se through a girls lie before she can even tell them. You weren't even in the room the only reason he caught his ex when she was thinking about cheating because a guy texted her asking her, she left him on read but she always was checking him out at school. Then one day he caught her right before she was gonna text him that she was down to sleep with that guy behind Anthony's back.

S: our boys are dumb the only thing I can stand up for Jake is because he was in a vulnerable state because of the miscarriage and then he had also has felt what it has felt like it's been to be cheated on. But he forgot that you had been cheated on too multiple times.

E: I'll make up my mind by tomorrow if you see Jake about to do something stupid like hurting himself, yelling at anyone, hurting anyone, not eating, skipping classes, skipping those baseball practices that I got him, etc. stop him please. Don't tell him I'm thinking about it unless you see him with another girl.

R: will do

S: I gotchu

I sighed and we all walked to our next class.

•skip to home•

I walk upstairs to our room and when I walk in Jake is on the bed on his phone, all of our pictures are faced down, and there's a suitcase in the middle of the room.

E: hey

He didn't look up from his phone he just waved.

E: what's the suitcase for?

Jake jumped up excited.

J: I'm am glad you asked. That suitcase right there is for you.

E: I'm only taking some a little bit of clothes I can use a backpack.

J: but you see Erika that's the problem one day turned into two and I know it's gonna turn into three. Next thing you know I'm gonna wake up with that there ring and some divorce papers on my bedside table waiting for me to sign. So me being the greeeeat person I am I'm just helping you get started. *laughs* when I said great I sound like Tony the Tiger from Frosted Flakes.

Jake stumbles back then I noticed he smelled like alcohol.

E: Jake are you drunk?!

J: yes, but this isn't about me it's about you. Your prom dress by the way is gonna look soooo sexy on you, the dress will look sexy not you-

E: real nice way to talk to the girl you're begging to come back.

J: you didn't let me finisssshhhhh, you will look gorgeous. Now back to packing let's start with those fvcking shoes. Oh my god those shoes.

I just looked at Jake kinda feeling bad because I never really even tried to talk to him not even once and now he's walking around our room blabbing in about shoes.

E: what's wrong with the shoes?

J: the fact that they have taken up the entire bottom part of the closet so my shoes are at the top shelf getting all dusty and I have to wipe my shoes off every morning before school.

E: then why didn't you say something?

J: because I love you and I didn't want to argue with you Erika. Because I fvcking hate arguing with you even when you're wrong and you're the person that should feel bad I feel horrible. Doesn't make any sense but it's true.

E: Jake-

J: okay now next item since we completely haven't put anything in the suitcase yet.

E: well before we start I just wanted to let you know you can have the bottom of the closet back because I did sell all of the shoes I just haven't gotten the chance to pack and ship them all.

J: well congratulations. Now the wedding photos do want those? Because if so we're gonna have to print copies or something because I would actually like to keep these, these are my favorite things in the room. Our love story would've been hilarious but now it's just sad and I will never ever tell it to anyone.

E: Jake can we please do this later I just wanted some clothes for before prom.

I started tearing up because I didn't want to leave I wanted to stay and he wanted me to stay. I love him and he loves me.

Jake couldn't tell I was tearing up because I kept my head down.

J: well you can't drive to where ever you've been hiding from only god knows because it's dark and you aren't the best driver at night sooo you sleep in here my love and I'll sleep in the guest room.

E: just drink some water before you go to bed so you don't have a hangover tomorrow.

J: I gotchu babe

Jake left the room and I hurried and locked the door and started crying.

*knock knock*

I wiped my face and opened the door.

J: hello, I forgot my pajamas if you don't mind

E: it's your room too Jake

J: I know that but for tonight it's shall be Erika Costells room

E: that's not my name anymore Jake and you know that

J: It's Paul I know buuuut you hate me and I'm pretty sure you're leaving me soo I already told you I'm gonna be one step ahead of the game. I love you baby goodnight.

Jake kissed my cheek and left the room.

E: *sighs* I love you too