Chapter 66

Don't play until I you see 🎼

Jakes POV
Erika looked down.

E: the baby is healthy

J: did you find out the gender like you wanted?

E: yeah do you wanna know

J: yeah

E: it's a girl

J: it's a girl *smiles*

Erika's POV
I looked up at Jake who had the worlds biggest smile on his face.

E: it's a girl

J: oh my god it's a girl Erika it's-

E: yeah I know Jake

Jake hugged me tight but not too tight and spun me around.

Once he spun me around he put me back down.

J: sorry I know you're mad I just got excited-

I hugged Jake and dug my head into his chest.

E: I forgive you just don't do it again or I'll kill you and make you sleep in the couch.

J: um how can you make me sleep on the couch if I have my own bed?

E: I'll get rid of it

J: *chuckles* okay deal

(Oh btw They aren't wearing their old wedding rings anymore)

E: I guess you have to get back to practice

J: yeah I'll see you at home I'll bring some dinner

E: okay bye

J: bye

Jakes POV
Erika left and I went back to the field some guys were smirking and some just looked confused. My teammates are both immature and half stupid.

J: okay okay get it out while you can.

Kevin: you slept with Ms. Costell?

J: do you not remember when I told you guys I was having a baby with my ex wife from high school?

William: bro you let her go?

J: no she divorced me you guys know this.

Ollie: she seemed pretty upset, so what happened last time that made her so scared to go to the appointment alone.

J: um-

I didn't know what to say I hated keeping secrets and I hated lying to my teammates. But I hate talking about this.

William: actually I was wondering that too

J: well-

I couldn't physically get the words out of my body.

Kevin: yeah it can't be that bad

YC: Paul are you good?

J: just remembering something and I really feel like I'm panicking but I know I'm not.

YC: so you're good?

J: yeah

Ollie: can you tell us please?

J: the reason me and Erika got married in high school is because we were both drunk and ended up having sex and I got her pregnant but when she was four months pregnant she ended up having a miscarriage. It's not really a thing I like to talk about you can imagine why.

It was quiet for awhile.

J: so let's practice!

*later*

I walk in the house, walk straight to my room, took a shower, and changed. After of course putting the dinner I promised on the kitchen counter.

I went to Erika's room to let her know I was home but her door was locked and music was blasting in her room so she couldn't hear me knock.

So theeeen I went to the living room and looked to see if Noah or a Sunny were in there luckily they were both there.

J: hey guys

S: hey I didn't know you were home.

N: hello guy who impregnated my little sister

J: funny.

N: joking wassup

J: why's Erika bedroom door locked she never locks it.

S: she seemed pretty upset about something about an hour ago so she started playing one song on repeat really loud and she got sick of us checking on her so she locked her door.

J: well I brought her some dinner home do you she'll hear her phone?

N: I don't know try

I went back to my room and got my phone and called my phone and after a few rings she answered.

E: yeah?

J: I'm home and I brought your dinner as promised I thought I'd let you know so it wouldn't get cold.

E: could you come here I unlocked my door.

J: yeah sure I'll be right there.

I pulled my phone from my ear and stood there for awhile just a couple seconds because I was just trying to figure out what's wrong with her. She probably still mad at me for not showing up to the doctors appointment.

J: hey mama

The music was off and Erika was sitting in her swing chair with a blanket.

E: could you close the door back and lock it

J: yeah

I closed the door and locked it.

E: hi

J: *chuckles* hi

I sat down on her bed

J: Sunny said you seemed pretty upset about something do you think it was hormones or you're actually upset. Maybe even still upset with a specific person.

E: no I just,,, I'm not technically upset I guess you could say.

J: okay?

E: maybe this could help

Erika turned on the speaker and it played the song she was listening too. 🎼 I recognized it immediately. It was our song the song that I haven't listened to since I can't even remember. Every time I heard it I would turn it off immediately. Lacy loved the song so she would get upset.

J: and you've been listening to this for and hour?

E: yeah

J: I haven't heard this in forever

E: I would listen to it when I was sad or mad or just wanted to be with you just like in high school.

J: so what's wrong now?

E: *sighs*

A few tears dropped from Erika's eyes.

E: all three...