Chapter 59

Jakes POV
I was practicing when Blue ran into the field as someone was about to throw the baseball my way.

J: Blue! You're not on your game today pay attention I'm busy, this better be important.

B: um you got a call from Noah about Erika, she's been crying for an hour because she misses you. She's been going about how you said 3 hours and it's been 4 1/2 so she thinks you're leaving her and the baby.

Sh!t.

J: did you tell him I only have 45 minutes left

B: yeah and he said that he doesn't think she's gonna be okay.

YC: what is this about now Paul?!

J: nothing Blue just wanted to know if he was good for a couple of photos that he just showed me.

YC: Blue that can be handled after practice

B: yes sir

They both ran of the field and I got back to work feeling kind of guilty because I told Erika she could call me anytime she wanted and I haven't answered once nor have I checked in.

*home* *50 minutes later*

I ran in the house saying hi to Noah and Sunny on the way to Erika's room after throwing my gear into my room.

J: Erika?

E:...

J: Erika I'm sorry my coach wouldn't let me do anything but practice or he would sit me out next game because I was 25 minutes late.

Erika rolled over and looked at me with her red teary eyes.

E: you're not lying?

J: you know I would never lie to you mama

E: okay

J: will you forgive me?

E: yeah

J: I'm gonna take a quick shower and be right back

E: okay

*after shower*

I went back in Erika's room and climbed into bed with her under the covers and she put her head in my chest and took a deep breath in just like she use to do in high school even when she wasn't in her clingy stage.

E: goodnight Jake

J: Erika it's 4 o'clock

E:...

J: *chuckles* okay then goodnight mama

I pulled Erika closer to me and drifted off to sleep.

*next day*

Erika's POV
Jakes at practice right now he has a game today. I'm really missing him which is sad but I'm hanging out with my besties to try and get my mind off of him.

S: we all have the day off what are we doing?

E: well besides hanging out Jake got us all front row seats to his game if you want to go.

N: I'm sure as hell going I haven't gone to any sporting event in forever, and this is free?! Of course!

S: yeah I'll go too I wanna see Jake show his teammates up because I know he's gotta he like 10x better then them if he learned half of the stuff he knows from you.

E: hehe you know I was kinda hoping talking to you guys would get my mind off of Jake but here we are talking about Jake and now I just miss him even more.... maybe I should call him just to make sure he's okay.

I started to reach for my phone but Noah grabbed it.

N: no! If you hear his voice you're just gonna get all emotional and stuff and then our best friend day is ruined.

E: I won't get emotional I just miss him that's all

S: we know babes

N: you've been busy being pregnant lately and today is the least emotional we've seen you in awhile and we'd like to savor it so no calling Jake you'll see him in a couple hours.

E: okay I promise no calling Jake.

S: good

E: so Sunny anything you're legally allowed to tell us about work?

S: well I've written 4 songs, one celebrity that I can't name right now wrote one for me, and another celebrity that I can't name right now wants me on one of his songs when I come out of the record deal closet.

E: you are killing it

N: she is and I'm am so proud. But it sucks she can't even tell me the celebrities.

E: it's gonna drive you crazy isn't it?

N: of course it is.

S: you gonna go back to work anytime during the pregnancy?

E: tonight actually after the game people are freaking out. Lacy called me-

N: Lacy?

E: yeah it was weird I know she said she was okay with everything but if I said that I wouldn't really be okay with it. I'm a girl that's just how we work. But she seemed like her bubbly self but like x2 like she was getting laid often.

S: maybe she really is okay with it.

E: anyways Lacy told me everyone's freaking out because a bunch of models are coming in because it's the beginning of fall fashion week so we're taking pictures for that and practicing runways, and then a baseball team is coming in because they are going to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated, then there's the kid models which are always hard to handle. So all of those being there in one day without me is just too much for just the photographers plus they need my approval before sending out the photos and I like to see them in person rather than through a computer screen.

S: one company?

E: I have to go to one for the kids and the other for the runways and baseball players

S: good luck with that

E: honestly crazy days aren't that hard for me I think they other just can't handle the pressure sometimes

N: wouldn't it be funny if the baseball team that was coming to your job was Jakes team?

E: it would but, it's not his team because he didn't mention anything to me about something like that.

Sudden Abrupt Ending!!!!