Chapter 53

Erika's POV
It's the weekend so I'm going over to Lacy's to "confide" in her.

*Lacy's house*

I knocked on the door and of course Jake opened the door.

E: hi is uh Lacy here?

J: it's the weekend and you gave her Monday off so she decided to go to Florida to visit her sister.

E: oh okay never mind.

J: but it's good you're here because I need to talk to you

E: um I have work to do

J: use the time you were gonna give Lacy with me.

I went in the house and Jake closed the door behind him and we went into his living room.

I sat down and he sat next to me but not close.

J: I know your pregnant

E: what? I'm not-

J: Erika come on I'm not stupid. Why didn't you bring your boyfriend to dinner on Thursday?

E: because I don't have a boyfriend and I was drunk again.

J: Erika!

E: I know I messed up again. But I know who the guy is but I'm scared to tell him like way more scared to tell him then I was you.

J: why?

E: because he's in a relationship

J: Erika oh my god!

E: I only figured out who he was Thursday and found out he was in a relationship Thursday I don't remember anything from the night it happened. I don't want to be a home wrecker.

J: so you're gonna be a single mother?

E: he doesn't remember at all so it's fine.

J: Erika that's not fine if you never told me that you were having my baby I would've been pissed.

E: *sighs* do you have cameras here?

J: yeah why

E: I want to delete this conversation so Lacy doesn't see us talking.

J: yeah just stay here let me get the iPad from my room.

Jake left and I just sat in silence when Jake came back he sat down next to me.

J: the minimum I can delete footage is two weeks so I have to go this real quick to make sure nothing sketchy happened. It'll take like 5 minutes.

E: okay

Jake was going through the footage then stopped and grabbed his phone.

E: what?

J: I'm setting an alarm for when I have to go somewhere with Tony and Blue.

I was hoping and praying he would just fly by us sleeping together.

...

J: oh my god Lacy

E: what

J: she's cheating on me

I snatched the iPad from him

E: no she would never Lacy looooves you why would you think this is her and another man this could be you and her.

J: I haven't had sex with her in the past two weeks because of her traveling and me practicing.

E: how do you delete the footage. I'm sure nothing sketchy happened.

J: Erika don't delete that I have to talk to her about that when she gets back.

E: no you don't maybe keep it to yourself or maybe this is all a dream Oooh.

J: ERIKA!! GIVE IT BACK NOW!!

I flinched and handed him the iPad, he looked at it closely.

J: oh my god, oh. my. god.

E: so I'm gonna go

J: you weren't gonna tell me?

E: tell you what?

J: Erika that's clearly you and me I just wasn't focused.

E: well darn I didn't know that. I'm gonna go delete all of that footage please.

J: Erika you're pregnant with my baby again

E: yes I know

J: then why are you trying to leave?

E: because Jake you're engaged.

J: what are you just gonna not let me be in the baby's life?

E: I want you too be but that will ruin your relationship with Lacy.

J: well I-

E: maybe I should go. Make sure to delete that footage now!

I left the house and went home and locked myself in my room and just cried.

Jakes POV
I was deleting the footage when I heard drunk Jake and drunk Erika talking in the recording.

*flashback*

Erika is laying on Jakes chest in his shirt and Jake was in his boxers. They were playing with each other's hands while talking.

E: what are some other things you remember?

J: mmm I remember how much you hate the word crush.

E: still do

J: I remember that you told me when you were little you wished that when you were little you wished that you were allergic to all vegetables so you wouldn't have to eat them.

E: seriously?

J: yeah I thought that was hilarious

E: what else

J: I remember when we kissed at our wedding when were dancing and you dropped your ice cream.

E: yeah you thought you felt your phone buzz

J: I lied I just wanted to kiss you

E: really?

J: mhm. Do you remember anything?

E: a lot of things I just don't think of them yah know but their all I can think about tonight.

J: what do you remember?

E: when I told you that we had a doctors appointment at 7am and you screamed "babies wake up that early?!" and the same night I came into you job not knowing you worked there yet all sad and stuff and you comforted me with a freaking large pizza and ten garlic knots.

J: that was the day after I found out right?

E: yup it was so long ago.

J: Even though I wanted the baby to be a girl I prayed for it to be a boy for you but unfortunately we didn't get so lucky.

E: I was gonna actually ask you before you got offered the spot on the team if you wanted to try again because I missed being pregnant and I missed being excited about almost being a mom even though we were still so young.

Watching this next part almost made Jake pass out.

J: we can try right now.....