two🛎

winnie

"Thanks for letting me use your hairbrush." Jean gave me a smile before setting it on my table.

"No problem." I smiled back, checking my outfit and hair in the mirror. I was wearing a pair of shorts and a baggy t-shirt with a vest under. I had slipped on a pair of socks and my old vans. I really had nothing to do with my braids so I put them in a ponytail.

 I really had nothing to do with my braids so I put them in a ponytail

(Winnie's fit)

"You're really pretty." Jean complimented staring at me with a little smile.

"Have you seen yourself?!" I giggled and turned to look at her. Her grin grew.

"Stop." She blushed covering her face.

Jean wasn't bad at all. Not that I thought she was a bad person, but I just wasn't sure about her. At first when we got on the bus, it was hella awkward. We barely looked at each other. But as soon as we got into the room, we hit it off right away.

She loved jazz and nineties rnb. And I live for vintage stuff, so it was kinda great meeting someone like her.

"So what do you wanna do today? We only have a few hours before dinner."

After we had room service send breakfast upstairs, we took our showers and decided to walk around for a bit.

During the noon, students were allowed to wander around for a bit and explore the town. The only rule you had to obey was to be in your rooms before dinner when your chaperone comes to check on you.

Oh well .

I was so excited to find a record store to buy a few records for my new vinyl player.

We walked out of our hotel room. Nthanda and I talked all through last night, she was with one of her cheerleading friends.

Nthanda had no trouble making friends I wish I didn't. But it's hard trying to talk to someone and suddenly all your social fears come racing back into your head, you know?

We started walking down the street, phones in our hands scrolling through Google Maps. I was not about to get lost in a state infamous for voodoo.

I started to take pictures of everything in sight