fifteen👑

winnie's pov

"I'm not joking Aaron!" I groaned, going on my tiptoes, trying to grab my book from him.

"Come on, you're almost there." He teased and stretched his hand even higher.

"My God, I hate you." I mumbled, jumping up and snatching my book from his firm grip.

"Who reads DC comics anyway?" He snorted as I sat down on my bed.

"Me." I squinted my eyes at him, trying to mean mug the boy.

He rolled his honey colored pupils and fell back on my pillows.

I continued to read Doom Patrol, while Aaron scrolled on his phone.

This hadn't been the first time Aaron was in my room, but it always felt like it. He had been coming over since the incident with Zachary. No, he didn't know. And I was going to keep it that way.

He always made me fell antsy and nervous, usually we just watched movies or he went through my records, trying to listen to them. He obviously wasn't into the type of music I listened to at all, but he was making an effort. And that's what mattered.

He teased me a lot. About my Keds, my phone, — everyone did that so I wasn't surprised— my comic book collection and figurines.

He was such a goofball and to be honest, I loved how funny he was. There was something funny about everything, he could find humor in everything.

But he isn't Zach.

I'm not saying that Aaron and I aren't great together. I like him, I like him a lot. And I think its because him and I are so perfect together.

At least that's what people say.

I felt bad, that I couldn't like him the way I knew he liked me.

He was good to me. And his lifestyle was one I could fit into. It was funny how with Aaron I could see how everything was going to turn out.

He knew how to make me feel important, like I was the only one in the room, all his intentions were clear and out in the open.

Zachary was stoic, harder to figure out, and had the most unreadable expressions I've ever come across.

He hardly smiled, always had that big shot smirk on his face.

And after finding out what he did for a living... We definitely didn't fit into each others lifestyles.

And I know I said I wouldn't judge, but the way he spoke of the Mafia, was like he had a passion or even love for it.

He became a completely different human being when he talked about business, he would sacrifice anything to get what he wanted.

I don't even know why I even bothered with him.

But that was Zachary, he drew you in.

"I like how you always switch up your hair." Aaron tugged at the ends of my braids.

"Thank you." I said, allowing a smile that was long overdue creep on my face.

"Winnie." He said.

"What?" I turned over to look at him.

"We've been getting to know each other for quite a while."

"Yeah?" I bit the bottom of my lip and nibbled it nervously.

"And I'm just really fucking with what we got. I feel like you and I got something you know?" He looked down at me with a little hesitation in his eyes.

I nodded quickly.

"So...um... I've never been this nervous talking to a girl before. But um yeah would you be my girlfriend?"

I kept silent for a moment, weighing out the pros and cons.

"I'd like that very much." I smiled up at him.

"Oh thank God. I thought you was about to say no."

I giggled and he smiled at me softly, leaning in. I moved towards him closer. Our noses were touching, if one of us moved any further, we'd kiss.

This is about to fucking happen.

"Hey Winnie." Nthanda barged into my room.

Me and Aaron instinctively moved away from each other.

She had a smirk on her face causing me to groan and bury my face in the palms of my hands.

"Am I interrupting something?" Nthanda smirked at Aaron who returned her smile.

"Yes. Aww, babe don't be shy." He pulled me into his chest, I hid my face right there.

The nickname made my heart flutter.

"Anyway, I'm going to meet Jean at the diner. You want anything?" She offered, causing my head to whip up.

"Nah..." I mumbled into Aaron's chest, still embarrassed.

"Alright then, see you later." She shrugged, slamming my door.