twelve✨

winnie's pov

"Sorry, could you repeat what you said?" I asked hesitantly.

His eyes held alarm. "Winnie...I–"

"No. Please say it again. So I know I'm not going crazy."

"I'm in the mafia." He repeated, searching my face for any trace of of emotion.

"Ok then, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy." I whispered nervously. I was in front of a killer. A criminal. Why was I still sitting here?

"Talk to me." He grabbed my hand but I snatched it out of his grip.

"Are... Are you going to kill me?" I whimpered. tears pricking my waterline.

"No, God no." He ran fingers through his hairs and pulled at the ends. "Why would you think that?" He stared at me while I cowered at his gaze.

"I don't know maybe because you just told me you're in the fucking mafia!" I whispered fiercely. I hardly swore but this confession made me feel so many types of ways.

"You make it sound a lot worse than it actually is." He objected.

"I'm making it sound exactly the way it is." I spat out, my hands shook.

"You're making such a big deal out of this." He kissed his teeth and chuckled humorlessly.

"Cause it is! I'm leaving!" I whisper yelled, I started to get up but he gripped my hand and pulled me back down. I was about to shout my ass of, then I felt a cool metal on my thigh.

"I...Is that a–" I stuttered. Fear was not the word I was looking for. This was it, I was about to die, I was about to die without seeing Beyonce perform.

"Yes sweetheart, that's a gun on your thigh and you're gonna sit here and let me explain shit to you. And if you dear make a fucking move, I'll shoot." He stared into my eyes with such intensity I had to look away

"In a heartbeat, if I fucking could, I would leave the Mafia and do something else with my life. But the Mafia is everywhere princess. Some of us aren't fortunate enough to grow up living like you! Do you think it's something people do for fun?!"

I flinched.

"Do you think its something people do cause its right?" I rhetorically asked.

He didn't answer my question and sighed.

"I'm not judging, but I'm judging." I said honestly withdrawing my hand from his strong grip slowly.

"But there is someone at the end of whatever you're doing." I breathed out.

"The last thing I need is a preaching sermon okay? You think I don't know how fucked up this is?" He tugged at the ends of his curls.

"Then stop." I suggested nervously.

"You see!" He chuckled. "La gente pensa che sia davvero così facile!"

"Huh?!" I squinted.

"I said you just don't understand Bella. I do. But its my life. And I can't change that. But I can change your opinion."

"What makes you think I'll do that?" I rose a brow.

"Just hold on and see." He grinned like an idiot.

"So what's it like being in the Mafia?"

"A lot of work and a ton load of bullshit." He continued to smile.

"Like what."

God, curse my curiosity.

"Well first of all—"

"Could you take the gun off of my thigh?" I interjected.

"Uh... Yeah sure!"

A/N: thank you guys so much for 1k reads. im so fking happy. I'm gonna update so much now. Y'all are the f-ing best💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜