seventeen🧀

winnie's pov

"I see you looking cute! I love how you show up looking homeless the whole year then once in a blue moon, you come snatch our wigs." Jean joked, making me punch her shoulder.

"Ow what was that for?" She playfully groaned and leaned back on the locker next to mine.

"But seriously you look very pretty today." She cheesed.

" She cheesed

Outfit

Hair

"I look good everyday sis." I snapped my fingers, sassing her.

"Bitch!" Nthanda screamed across the hallway.

I rolled my eyes and moaned annoyed, only Nthanda would draw more attention to the fact I was wearing a fitting outfit today.

"Damn. You must be getting dressed up for something or someone." She gave me a knowing smile, while approaching us.

I hid my face in my locker so they wouldn't see my smile.

"Am I missing out on something here?" Jean rose a brow and looked at both of us curiously.

"Well..." I giggled nervously, looking at Nthanda who had an uncomfortable lopsided smile on her face.

"Well what?" She placed her hands on her hips and gazed in between both of us, her lips pressed in a thin line.

"Y'all are both standing here like a bunch of thirsty ass freshmen. You ain't gone talk or what?" Jean's accent became stronger and her soft spoken voice was replaced with a hard cold tone.

I knitted my brows and folded my arms. "Well, if you must know, Aaron asked me out."

There was a moment of silence as me and Nthanda both waited for her to throw a tantrum.

"Ok." She shrugged, stoic.

"Yeah and I said yes." I said.

She was staring at me, but it didn't seem like she was seeing me. She bit her lip absentmindedly.