sixteen 🍯

nobody's pov

Ramona sighed, wiped a stray tear and buried her head back into the diner menu she was reading.

She wasn't happy at all, with a number of things, first off, everything here was full of loads of fat, and she had already eaten about 300 calories this morning.

And then there was Zachary Machiavelli, the reason why her heart was beating and the same reason why her heart was breaking.

He was a selfish piece of shit. He only cared about his goddamned self. He was also a cheater, a liar and a conniving bastard.

She took in her surroundings, this place was absolute garbage, to say the least. But she had to be here to seal a couple of deals in the southern territory for her father.

Ramona's father worked for the Lucheese Crime Family, one of the five crime families in New York.

She had been having a hard time finding spots to endorse their illegal activities but the south was definitely becoming a place for business.

She had told Zachary this, about a year ago, and he shoved her thoughts aside, as always.

Then when he came to New Orleans he came back acting as if he had found the next best thing since sliced bread.

She hated to admit it to herself, but at this point, she was used to it.

All she wanted was a loyal husband and an actual career in the business. She had all the skills, the information and drive than anybody and she was sure of it.

The devil worked hard but Ramona worked twice as hard. 

She wiped another tear and sighed. Not only was Zachary being a complete asshole, he was cheating on her.

One night, after he came back from New Orleans, she'd opened his phone, only to find a picture of a chocolate girl in his photos.

She had almost lost her shit, wanted to scream and yell and kill the man, but she cared too much about his conceited ass to do so. She was about to search up on the woman and give her a suprise, but decided not to stoop that low.

She knew that she had stayed with Camillo not only because was she madly in love with the man, but he was her only choice of getting a solid spot in the Mafioso.

He reminded her of the men she grew up with, her half-brothers and father and uncles. They loved to show her off, loved to brag about her beauty and her brains. But she was always an after thought. It hurt her to know that although she was the oldest, she would never become the Donna.

Her ideas were always overlooked, then stolen. She was never taken seriously, no matter how calculated and strategic her plans were.

But later on she'd walk in on her brothers telling their father her plan and he would praise them like they were gods.

It wasn't only because she was a woman,  but because her mother was a dirt bag whore who manage to sleep with her father, of course, he had to take care of the child, but she was never allowed to play with her cousins or other people from her fathers side of the family.