five🍋

winnie's pov

"Welcome home darlings!" Auntie Enitan greeted us as we each gave her a hug.

"How was the trip? What did you buy for me?" She placed her hand on her hip and looked at us sassily.

We both burst out laughing and shook our heads. That was always her first question whenever we came back from somewhere.

"I have a few dresses I saw and thought would fit you. Come look at them." Nthanda hollered as she and Auntie dragged her bags upstairs jumping into a long discussion about the trip.

I grabbed my box and forced it all the way upstairs to my room.

I took a deep breath and sat on my bed. Processing everything that had happened this week.

Zachary. Zachary Machiavelli. A frigging epitome of perfection, a face crafted by the angels, a body of a Greek god with a deep voice, a killer smile and a sleek black Jaguar.

He was so mysterious. It bothered me how I had opened so much to him and he left me with literally nothing but a name, his favorite color, a number and the state he resided in.

What did he do? How old was he? Was he single?

I mean he didn't look single.

He seemed very demanding, impatient and temperamental.

I fiddled with my phone, wondering of I should call first or wait.

"I'm the girl of course he'll call first." I mumbled, tossing my phone on my twin bed.

Suddenly my phone started to ring. Oh my god, was that him? I ran fingers through my braids and paced around the room, letting my imagination run wild. After the third ring, I picked up the phone without looking at the ID.

"About time." I said flirtatiously, smilinglike he could see me.

"Winnie? It's Jean, you okay? You sound weird." Jean's soft voice cracked over the phone slightly.

My frigging Jenner.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I mentally rolled my eyes.

My subconscious giggled hysterically and threw her head back, pointing her fingers at me in a mocking manner.

"You sound really out of breath... anyway that's not why I'm calling. I can't reach Nthanda and we agreed to meet at Pizza Hut, can you tell her I'm waiting for her?"

"Sure." I shrugged.

"You wanna join us?" Jean offered.

"I'm cool. Thanks. The trip really wore me out."

"Oh... Shit... I'm so sorry... I didn't think..."

"Nah its cool." Why is she being all nervous?

"Alright then, bye." She said and cut the call before I could even begin to register her words.

Weird.

"Winnie." Nthanda stood by my door, wearing a pair of jeans and a plain shirt.