ten💡

winnie's pov

saturday

"Welcome home angels." Auntie Enitan greeted us as we made our entrance through the door. We plopped ourselves on the couch next to her.

"I love the hair." She wiggled her fingers toward
my fro.

To be honest, I loved my hair in this state the most. It was free and bouncy and luscious and beautiful. I personally feel like the hairstyle fit 4c haired girls the most.

"I do too." I gave her a wide smile and batted my lashes.

"Take the compliment!" She groaned playfully.

"You've been out the house a lot. You got a man or sumthin'?" Nthanda smirked slyly, watching Auntie Enitan roll her eyes.

"Yeah, your ex really tryna hit." Auntie Enitan retorted smugly while me and Nthanda fell back laughing.

"As if!" I rolled my eyes playfully while we sunk into a comfortable silence.

Pick up the phone baby, ooohhhh, I know you home baby...

That's my ringtone.

"Don't worry that's me." I explained while I dug through my backpack in search of my phone.

"We know." They both shrugged nonchalantly, not even looking at me because of that stupid show called The Bachelor.

"Excuse me." I whispered when I turned my attention to the caller ID.

Zachary Machiavelli.

"Hello." I breathed out after picking the call.

"Winnie." His voice came out sharp and dominant.

"Yes." I shuddered, he commanded authority even when we weren't together.

"How are you doing darling?"

"Same old, same old. You?" I asked biting my lip.

"Great, actually. Guess who's in town?" He asked teasingly.

"I'm not sure who exactly, but I'm dying to meet him." I giggled.

"You could come over to my hotel. Well, are you free today?" He queried.

"Sure." I hesitantly murmured. It wasn't a bad thing, was it? I was just catching up with my friend. And I won't lie when I say I was dying to meet him.

"Yes. I just got back from somewhere so lemme take a shower and I'll grab a bus. What's the adr-" I informed him, gathering my thoughts on how quickly this conversation escalated.

"That's not necessary. I'll have my driver come pick you up." He dismissed my comment.

"Mr. Mach—"

"He'll be there in an hour darling. Don't keep me waiting." He cut the call.

...

"Are you sure you're sure about this?" Nthanda asked, picking a couple of things from her wardrobe and dumping it on a chair.

"Nthanda, yes. Aaron and I are just talking—"

"Which comes off like you're dating." Nthanda pointed out.

"It really isn't that serious. I still see him talking to all those girls in school. What makes it different now?" I asked.

I had decided to ask Nthanda help me pick an outfit. At first she was helluva excited, asking me how long Zach and I had kept in contact.

Now she's telling me I shouldn't be playing with both of them. I don't know where this side of Nthanda was coming from, but I didn't like it very much.

"Here's some advice then," She took a deep breath, "whatever you do, please make sure Aaron doesn't get hurt in the process. He's been through a lot and he's learning to love again and he really thinks you're the one."

"It's not that deep. Yet." I mumbled, running fingers through my thick hair, trying to decide what to do with it.

...

"My god, you look edible." Nthanda muttered as I turned to look in the mirror.

There was only one word I could breathe out.

"Wow."

outfit

outfit

hair

"Thank you so much Than! I lobe you to death!" I grabbed on her neck and squeezed it tight.

My phone pinged.

I picked it up.

Mr. Machiavelli—My driver Antonio is outside waiting for you baby girl. Can't wait to see you.

"Is Auntie Enitan still in the living room?" I inquired anxiously.

"Nah, you're fine. Don't stay out too late k?"

"Yeah."

"Catch you later." I squeaked as we both rushed down the stairs.

"Young lady," I turned to the voice of Auntie Enitan's.

"Where you going?"

Fudge.