twenty-two🦋

zach

"Camilo! Are you listening at all?! I've done all the research and it shows investing in Hong Kong is a great business move." Dante frustratedly groaned, eyebrows furrowed in annoyance

"Remember the last time that happened? We lost tonnes of cocaine. We were scammed!" I stressed, placing my glass back down.

"But that was nearly forty years ago. And the Lees are trust worthy associates." Dante held unto his glass of bourbon tighter, face red, obviously getting more and more frustrated as we continued to argue about venturing towards doing business again with the Chinese Mafias."

"Dimenticalo!  Ho già deciso Dante."
Forget about it. I've made up my mind Dante

"Fare affari con una famiglia che ha rovinato la nostra reputazione e ci ha truffato per centinaia di migliaia di dollari è fuori dalla finestra!"

Doing business with a family that ruined our reputation and scammed us for hundreds of thousands of dollars is out of the window!

"But-" Dante started and I sharply cut him off.

"Enough Dante!"  I rose my hand, signaling this was no longer a discussion.

"Even Ramona agrees with me, just consider it!" He stood up in frustration and started pacing the room, visibly heated. Our family is known for our very short tempers.

I rose my brows, shocked. Why would he be talking about business with Ramona?

"Quando hai iniziato a prendere ordini da una donna?"

When did you start taking advice from a woman?

"Business advice at that? What does Ramona know that I don't cousin? Last time I checked she wasn't the one giving orders around here, I am." I leaned forward, putting my arms on my desk, watching Dante force himself to calm down.

"I'm not trying to undermine your position as capo. I'm just saying everything you've done for La Cosa Notra, Mona thought of first."

"The fuck did-"

"Zachary shut your mouth for one second and lemme speak! You are a selfish fuck! You treat the poor girl like absolute shit."

I sat up stunned, that my best friend and cousin was talking to me like this. He was the one who bullied Ramona when we were younger and clearly voiced his distaste for her constantly when we were dating.

Did I treat Ramona like shit?

Me and Ramona were definitely going through a rough patch. We've been dating since she was old enough to date. We had met once or twice when we were like twelve. She was a scrawny little thing I didn't pay much attention to. I was busy training and learning about the trade. We didn't see each other ever again and then one day my dad came home with her father who introduced me to his daughter again, a sexy sixteen year old girl with the biggest brown eyes and smooth olive skin.

Of course I thought she was hot, she was tan, with a sexy pair of legs and tits, and as a seventeen year old boy, my hormones were raging.

But I didn't necessarily like her, I thought she was annoying and complicated and weird. She hardly spoke around anyone at all, but then when it was just us, she could go on and on.