nineteen

WARNING:FILLER

winnies pov

"So you're just not gonna talk?" Zachary stared at me. I childishly rolled my eyes and made an impolite sound. Turning away from his gaze I looked back out the window.

"Anything I say is probably gonna get me killed so I'll stick with just keeping my mouth shut." I mumbled.

From the corner of my eye I could see he was fuming and I really couldn't care less. He was a piece of selfish shit anyway.

The fancy restaurant was breathtaking but I wasn't going to give this asshole the satisfaction of seeing me get all starry eyed.

"I'm not trying to antagonize you. All I've tried to do since I met you is win you over. I know it seems like I could but I would never hurt you. You just make it so... difficult. You're so stubborn sometimes. And I just keep fucking things up the more I try to fix them." He chuckled wryly. A sound so dry and throaty, that didn't sound like it came from him. I looked up at him.
"I never want you to feel bad or unsafe with me Win. But I dont want to feel judged either."

Win.

I ignored the butterflies in my stomach and the way his voice tugged on my heart strings.

I hated the fact I made him feel less human (which he probably was) than me or anyone else.

But I couldn't help but feel this wandering little mix of not only guilt but moral superiority when I was with him. Because he was in the mafia. I mean the fucking mafia! Drugs, Guns, Hitmen all that crazy shit.

And sitting here with him was a gamble in itself.

I bet I reeked of self-righteousness.

Crazy as it sounds I knew I didn't trust this guy completely. But I trusted him enough to protect me.

"I'm sorry too." I murmured grudgingly. "Please don't take this the wrong way. But I'm scared. Like really scared. Like dropping the soap in the prison bathroom scared."

He chuckled and licked his lips and peered up at me through his long eyelashes.

I clenched my thighs under the table.

Focus. What were we talking about again?

"I have never ever been acquainted with someone who has done anything remotely related to your profession?"

He nodded. "As expected." Shrugging, he picked up his champagne glass and took a sip.

"I just can't help but feel some type of way about what you do, and this is not because I'm a really good person. Because from the time we've spent together you can tell I'm actually a piece of shit."

He quirked his eyebrow, as if disagreeing with me. I ignored his look of disapproval and continued.

"And I know you're not a bad person but the things you do sometimes or you've told me you've done scare the absolute crap outta me. And it's absurd as hell but it's the way I feel. But I really do like you and I wanna make our friendship work."

I don't think I've ever said so much at a go in my life.

A short period of silence followed while I played with my cutlery.

"So can we just try...and be cordial? Cause it's necessary in a friendship."

"Deal."

We shook hands and I returned to looking down at my champagne glass.

"You know it's illegal as hell to give me this right." I smirked and sipped on the sweet liquid.

"I'm not telling if you are." He winked.

He seemed to be taking in our surroundings, I followed his eyes to some curly haired girl and rose my brows. He seemed in surprise.

Aside from the tingling but of jealousy, I knew that girl. It was Denise. She was a senior in my school.

"She's jailbait. Seventeen." I chipped in, proud of my input.

"Oh." He seemed disturbed and turned away from her back to me.

Yes.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I gave him an apologetic look and pulled it out.

Aaron.

I smiled guiltily at the phone and smiled at Zach

"Sorry, it's important." I mumbled and walked to the ladies, leaving Zach with a kind of horrified look in his face.

Wonder what's that about.

I'm back bebessss😉