eighteen🌞

winnie's pov

Any human being with a healthy amount of brain cells would have made a run for it.

But I'm not a human being with a healthy amount of brain cells so I was now sitting in Zach's car, staring out the window counting the number of trees we passed by.

"You're quiet." He observed, staring at me for a few seconds before turning his hazel eyes back to the road.

"And you're ugly." I childishly grumbled. He threw his head back and laughed. Of course he knew I was lying. 

I folded my arms and closed my eyes, very irritated by the man trying to start small talk with me.

"So you're just not going to talk bella?" He asked, really irking me off.

"No. I'm not, because I'm not obligated to talk to guys who hijack me of the road."  I snapped, rolling my eyes.

"You just talked though... " He chuckled. I really wanted to strangle this dude, but I'm guessing he would probably kill me.

"Whatever." I huffed and continued my counting game.

"How's your little boyfriend?" He asked so casually I couldn't comprehend his words for a second.

"Huh? Oh yeah, he's great." I smiled at the window, biting my lip,  I couldn't help the blush that crept all over my face.

"OK." He mumbled. I turned back to stare at him. His jaw was clenched and his fingers gripped the steering wheel so tight his knuckles were white.  Even his eyebrows were furrowed.

He's lying.

"Why do you care?" I questioned,tugging at one of my twists.

"I don't." He shrugged and kept his eyes on the road, avoiding mine.

"Sure you don't." I scoffed.

The car came to a screeching halt, it happened so quickly,  I jerked forward and if it wasn't for my seatbelt, I would've been slammed against the airbag thingy.

Of course all wasn't perfect.  I hit my head against the window, it hurt so bad, tears welled up in my eyes.

"What the actual fuck?!" I screamed, placing my hand on the aching spot on my forehead.

"There's a deer on the road." He explained, holding back a laugh. He failed terribly before throwing his head back and made the most beautiful sound I had heard.

What a child.

I rolled my eyes and turned to look at the deer prancing off the road.

How did it even get here?

I turned to look at the beautiful demon with a smile  on his face and rolled my eyes, trying to hold back my tears.

My head really really hurt.

The smile on his face dropped when he saw my glossy eyeballs.

"Are you okay?!"

He placed his hand on where I hit my head and used his thumb to draw soothing circles. My head stopped throbbing and it felt...really nice

Snapping out of it, I gripped his wrist and let it drop down to his side. We held eye contact in the car for what seemed like forever.

"Please drive." I cleared my throat and broke the awkward eye contact and even more awkward silence.

"You don't have to give me the cold shoulder. We can talk like adults." He mumbled, starting the car again and continued the trip.

"You didn't act like an adult when you dropped me off that night. I don't know why you want to act like an adult now." I said softly and bit the inner part of my cheek.