20 - bonfire private buisness

song for chapter:
falling down - lil peep & xxxtentacion
| rain keeps falling, tears keep falling |
(highly recommend + put on repeat)

jaylee's pov
wednesday, 8:10pm

IGNORE THE MISSPELLING! i'm in a rush so i will go back and fix it later!

ethan put the car into park after parking in a small lot that was on the beach. it was dark outside, with quite a few other cars as well.

"we definitely beat them." ethan laughed lightly, turning in his seat to look out of every window in the car to see if he could see grayson's car anywhere.

"no shit." I spoke in a tone as if it were obvious, keeping my eyes widened. "you were going twenty miles over the speed limit the whole ride here." a faded laugh escaped my lips.

"well, I had to get us here fast." his voice was smooth and monotone as he looked over to me. one of his eyebrows were raised sharply as a grin crossed his lips.

I could feel my heart fall to the bottom of my stomach as my cheeks automatically flustered. "oh really?" I questioned him with a weak tone, not being able to contain my feelings.

silence filled the car from him not saying anything in response. I watched his eyes shift downwards, looking to my lips, then they sharply looked back up as the corner of his mouth curved upwards.

smoothly, he started to lean towards me as one of his hands unbuckled his seat belt. I could feel my heart rate increase from the nerves flooding through my veins.

"ethan," I leaned back a little bit as I turned my head to look out of the window. "there's people." I spoke in a tone of discomfort, not wanting people to watch us.

he looked out of the same window that I was looking out, then popped out his bottom lip as he shrugged his shoulders. "I don't see anyone." he told me nonchalantly, turning his eyes back onto me.

"we're in a parking lot on a beach." my eyebrows narrowed in a confused manner as I looked at him. "I can literally see people running around down there." I spoke in a tone that sounded like a laugh as I pointed down to the beach.

he didn't even bother to look where I was pointing because he knew that I was right. his eyes stayed on me. he moved his body so that he was sitting up in his seat, turned towards me. "since when have you been afraid to get caught?" he questioned in a concerned tone, slightly squinting his eyes.

I could feel the air in my lungs slowly being sucked out due to him making every part of me nervous just by looking at me. I swallowed the air stuck in my throat. "I'm not." I spoke in a low tone, clearly nervous.

"no, no I get it." he shrugged his shoulders, turning away from me as he sat back down into his seat correctly. "we got here early and everything, but I guess we can just sit here." his tone of voice threaded with instigation in order to make me feel guilty.

I could immediately feel energy in my body jump, not wanting him to turn away. "ethan." I leaned towards him a bit as my hand grabbed onto his arm as his hand rested in his lap.

he shrugged his shoulders again as he popped out his bottom lip as if it weren't a big deal. "no. it's fine." he shook his head, keeping it turned forward and refusing to make eye contact with me.