19 - pre bonefire hangout

song for chapter:
i lost a friend - finneas
| nobody believes me,
I know that you don't need me |
(highly recommend + put on repeat)

jaylee's pov
wednesday, 6:30pm.

me
6:30pm
i'm here

raven
6:30pm
comin!!

I walked up the paved driveway that both grayson and ravens car were parked on, while ethan, froy and osmans were all parked along the curb infront of the house.

honestly, I could feel my palms start to sweat lightly. being around the group again is still new to me. it's like we all think about what happened in the past, but no one ever says anything or brings it up.

osman already being here kind of ease my nerves though. it seems like he's finding it much easier to get along and hangout with the group again without it being awkward.

I walked up onto the front porch, but before I even had the chance to knock on the giant dark wooden door, raven opened it.

I almost immediately picked up on the instant sound of music along with faded masculine talking. ethan, grayson, osman, and froy obviously.

raven looked like she was in the middle of getting ready. she's wearing a huge baggy yellow t-shirt that covers her shorts. the top half of her hair is tied into a messy bun on top of her head while the bottom half is only half way straightened. she had all of her face makeup on, but no eye makeup yet.

"hey." I greeted her as I walked towards the door, slipping my phone into the back pocket of my ripped jean shorts.

"hey!" she spoke in an enthusiastic tone, which easily made me feel comfortable and welcomed. "come on in." she motioned her hand in the direction of the door with a warm smile spread across her lips.

I returned the same warm smile as I followed her directions and walked into the house. once I was inside, the music immediately became more audible than it was from outside.

"all the guys are in the kitchen." she informed me as she pushed the door closed behind me and locked it.

my head turned and my eyes glanced over to the kitchen from where the guys' voices were coming from.

raven walked past me going in the direction of the kitchen, but she didn't bother turning into the walk way. instead, she just walked towards the stairs which were straight ahead.

I followed behind her, turning my head to look in the kitchen as I walked past them. all of them were in the kitchen having a conversation.

I took notice of their bonefire outfits for tonight. considering it's winter in san diego and we're going to a bonefire, it's kind of hard to dress accordingly.

froys wearing grey sweat shorts with a white t-shirt and zip with jacket. literally something he would wear on a normal day. he's in the pantry looking for food as he's listening to the guys conversation.

graysons wearing a pair of black jogger sweat pants and a white hoodie. he's sitting on top of the counter with his back slouched and a small smile on his face.