27 - dangerous women

song for chapter:
dangerous women - ariana grande
| something about you makes me wanna do things that I shouldn't |
(highly recommend + put on repeat)

jaylee's pov
tuesday, 9:40pm.

my cheek was gently pressed against his shoulder—my face near his neck, being close enough to where I could smell the cologne attached to his skin.

we swayed back and forth slowly. his hand was holding onto mine, keeping it warm while his other hand was on my lower back.

my entire body felt at peace. being in his arms is an indescribable feeling. it's like feeling completely assured of safety and peace.

if you were to look at us, you'd think we were happily in love, or even engaged. but in this case, we're two young adults that haven't had an actual meaningful conversation in over a year and are just having sex.

it's crazy though. because being here right now slow dancing to songs about love with him... that's not normal for our circumstances right?

friends with benefits don't do that if i'm not mistaken.

I mean, considering our past, it's obvious that there's that emotional attachment and feelings for each other. he's only doing friends with benefits because he's not ready to let me back into his life in a romantic way. and I sure as hell know that i'm still in love with him.

so is slow dancing with your ex meaningless or meaningful in this situation?

I blinked a few times to set back into reality, wanting to take in this moment as long as possible.

it might not mean much to him, but it means everything to me.

unexpectedly, his hand tightened, squeezing mine a little bit. he slowly started to let go of me, causing my head to lift off of him.

my eyes met with his. still holding my hand, he lifted his arm and began to spin me gracefully.

instant heat rushed to my cheeks from my blush as I let him spin me around once.

he let out a light laugh, making my heart feel like it just melted onto the floor. once I did a full spin, both of his hands forcefully pulled my hips closer to him.

our foreheads lightly touched as he looked into my eyes. I rubbed my lips into a thin line, trying to hold myself back from breaking into an enormously big smile.

there's no way he isn't feeling the connection.

my heart was racing rapidly from being so close to him. his eyes were locked on mine so closely that I felt like he could see directly into my soul.

"your eyes look different than they did a month ago." he told me in a tone mixed with a chuckle, pulling his forehead off of mine to get a more clear view of me.

my eyebrows narrowed as my lips broke apart to smile. "what does that even mean?" I questioned him, being unsure of what he's implying.

"no, like a month ago they didn't look this fulfilled." he explained to me, looking back and forth between both of my eyes. "they were more... empty." he tilted his head a bit as if he were examining me.