42 - an unforgettable wedding dance

*BEFORE YOU START THIS CHAPTER, i'm aware that i never finished this book, so I will be uploading that final 4 chapters in draft form. these are outlined blueprints of what was supposed to happen. I'm so sorry for never getting around to finish this book, but figured I might as well give you all an ending*

song for chapter:
give me love - ed sheeran
| i just wanna be by your side |
(highly recommend + put on repeat)

jaylee's pov

they go to osmans parents wedding.

grayson is dancing with raven.

ethan goes up to jaylee.

ethan - "will you dance with me?"

jaylee - "yes."

he takes her hand and they go to the dance floor.

she puts her arms around his neck, crossing at her wrists. his hands wrap around her body to keep her close.

he looks away while whispering into her ear. "you look gorgeous."

"thank you."

quiet.

"the other night, when you said you love me—"

"we don't need to talk about it."

"no, I want to talk about it."

she blinks looking down.

"I was a real dick for leaving you confused like that. truth is, I think I was scared of your confidence."

"what do you mean?"

"I mean that I love you. everything i've ever done since I met you in the mall back in high school has been because I love you. I'll never stop."

jaylee leans into his chest blushing.

ethan wraps his arms even more tightly around her.

ethan - "I miss being able to hold you like this."

she closes her eyes.

ethan- "my hands tightly around your waist. just holding you in my arms."

she gets tears.

ethan - "keeping you warm. protecting you. knowing you're safe."

tear falls down her cheek.

he lifts his face from her shoulder.
"you give me feelings i'll never be able to understand."

his fingers lift her chin to makes her look up to him. "like when you look into my eyes — it feels like my walls immediately fall down and you can see right into me."

she is crying.

he wipes away the tears. "and when you touch my skin — it feels like energy radiates off of that part of my body."

she gazes at him.

"you were always so nervous to tell me how I made you feel. you thought I wouldn't feel the same way because there was the potential that I was using you."
he looks back and forth from each of her eyes.
he smiles.
"you made me feel everything. you still do."

jaylee rubs her lips together.

ethan - "I thought I was gonna marry you by the time I was twenty."

jaylee - "you'd never go through with marriage. you hate labels." breaks out into a laugh, wiping her nose.

"It didn't matter. I would have and still will do anything for you."

"i'm so sorry." her voice is weak.

"I know you are." he leans in and kisses her.

"I think all the time about how this could have been prevented. I shouldn't have even thought that you would have feelings for ella. I should have just confronted you that it was upsetting me."

"hey, it's in the past. you and I standing here right now is all that matters."

"I'm just sorry for taking a year away from you when you could have been happy."

"i'm happy right now — with you. that's all I care about."

she pulls him in.

whispers in her ear. "I love you, jaylee."

she kisses him.

"I want every part of you to be mine. no one else's."

"I'm all yours."