18 - trevor the manager

song for chapter:
lo - saint claire
| make me feel like the only one |
(highly recommend + put on repeat)

jaylee's pov
tuesday 4:50pm

a smug grin was painted on my face as I reached out in front of me, holding a small flash drive that backed up the lyrics of a new song that I had written.

trevor looked down to my hand that was holding the flash drive, then looked back up to me. eyebrows raised. eyes wide. "you're already done?" he asked in a tone of disbelief.

"yes sir. one completed song by the end of the month for my lovely manager ." I spoke confidently, holding a wide smile across my lips as I rocked back and forth from heal-to-toe.

he took the flash drive into his hands slowly, as he looked at me like I was some sort of wizard. "it's only december twenty first?" he spoke as if he were asking me a question.

"I had good inspiration for this one." I spoke in a voice that was threaded with a laugh as I shrugged my shoulders.

he narrowed one eyebrow at me while raising the other sharply. "what. did jaydon tell you to write about his liquor handle collection again?" he joked, slipping the flash drive into the pocket of his slacks.

"surprising, no." I let out a small laugh as I popped out my bottom lip. "but he still swears that he's going to convince you to let it happen some day." I warned him, knowing that osman is obsessed with collecting handles of alcohol.

he thinks it makes his room look more 'edgy'.

"that kids gonna be the death of me." trevor rolled his eyes dramatically as he crossed his arms, leaning back against the glass studio door.

his comment about my best friend caused me to giggle lightly as I put my hands into the pockets of my tan corduroy jacket. "you love him though." I spoke in a light tone, smiling softly.

"well duh, that kids like my son." he gave me a look as if it were obvious that he loves osman. "but anyway, what was your inspiration?" he questioned me, gaining a more serious face.

I shifted from one foot to another, intertwining my hands. "you might hate me." I admit to him, a guilty expression making its way onto my face.

it was like he could read me immediately by the way I was acting. "no." he spoke in disbelief as if eyes widened drastically.

I smiled pathetically at him, tapping my thumbs on each other and keeping my hands intertwined to ease my anxiousness.

"honey, no!" he whines loudly, slouching his shoulders as a look of disapproval formed on his face. "I thought this was supposed to be your break through where you push away from  your past and stop writing break up songs?" he spoke as a question, confused on what was going on in my mind.

I squinted my eyes and looked away from him. "well, technically it's not a break up song." I told him, hoping it would ease his frustration with me.

one of his perfectly threaded eyebrows lifted upwards sharply. "i'm not following." he spoke in a plain voice, sounding intimidating as he crossed his arms over each other.

my cheeks filled with air as I finally let my hands fall apart from holding onto each other, then I exhaled deeply. "after the festival last month, I ran into ethan, grayson, froy and raven." I admit honestly to him, looking back into his eyes.