12 - cabin birthday party

song for chapter:
budapest- george ezra
| baby if you want me then all of this will go away |
(highly recommend + put on repeat)

***FLASHBACK***

5 months after moving in together
northern california.
saturday, 5:30pm.
ethan and graysons birthday.
jaylee's pov

"stop!" my voice raised as my hands immediately wrapped around ethans face, grabbing onto his blindfold and readjusting it to be sure he couldn't see. "you can't look yet." I told him, still holding onto his face so that he wouldn't try to be slick and take off the blindfold again.

a few laughs left his mouth as he gave up, putting both of his hands back into his lap. "where are we going?" he questioned once again, loud enough so that the rest of the people in the car could hear him.

osman, grayson, froy, and ella were the other people. not including me.

"no," osmans voice was stern from the drivers seat as his eyes shifted to the mirror, looking through the reflection at ethan, grayson, froy and I all smushed in the backseat. "stop asking questions." he warned ethan in a demanding tone.

"I feel like you're about to kill us." grayson spoke from beside me, a blindfold covering his eyes just like ethan.

"on your birthday?" osman questioned from the front of the car, raising one of his eyebrows upwards. "never!" his voice laced with sarcasm.

his comment caused me to laugh a couple of times. I let go of my grasp from holding onto ethan, knowing that he wasn't going to try and peek at where we are going.

both of my hands gently held onto his arm, leaning my head against his shoulder. his personal scent of a cologne, marshmallow and laundry detergent filled my nose. my heart even jumped a little bit from how much I love it.

I could feel his head slightly move, lightly leaning against mine. "how much longer?" he asked in a low tone, like he was only talking to me.

I was about to answer him, but grayson cut me off due to him hearing what ethan asked. "for real." he groaned loudly. "we've been in the car for like three hours." he complained in a tone of annoyance.

"yeah, how far is this place?" ella asked from the passenger seat, turning her head to look at osman sitting next to her. "I kinda have to pee." she laughed a little bit with a smile across her lips.

"no surprise." froy chuckled as his hands wrapped around the back of ella's seat to pull him forward a bit. "you always have to pee."

"you can piss once we get inside." osman quickly glanced over to ella, then back to the road. he clicked on the right blinker, then made a turn onto a gravel road. "we're pulling up right now." he announced to the rest of us.

those words caused ethans head to quickly sit up from leaning on mine. "we're here?" he questioned in a rushed tone, slight excitement laced in his voice.

"thank fucking goodness." grayson sighed out of relief, adjusting his blindfold to fit better from being a little bit loose.

it was obvious how excited and relieved everyone was to get out of the car from being crammed in for more than three hours.