17 - sexual frustration

song for chapter:
do I wanna know - arctic monkeys
| crawling back to you... |
(highly recommend + put on repeat)

ethan's pov
monday, 5:00pm

"catch you later." I told grayson, opening the passenger car door and sliding smoothly out of my seat to stand onto the pavement of jaylee's driveway.

"e," grayson's voice was stern, trying to get my attention before I would shut the door. I turned around to look at him, seeing him look at me with a slightly worried expression. "if you're gonna go through with this deal you made with her, just don't hurt her." he told me, a look of sensitivity on his face.

anger immediately filled inside me, gliding through my veins.

I let out an inaudible scoff, rolling my eyes as I shook my head to look away from him. I could feel myself instantly get pissed off. "if you're so worried why don't you just fucking date her then?" I questioned rudely.

he gave me a look of confusion, clearly being taken off guard from my attitude. "what?" he asked, sounding concerned.

"you always get the girl anyways, it wouldn't be a surprise to me at this point." I raised my voice, snapping harshly, with my eyebrows narrowed sharply.

words were spilling out of me without hesitation, and I felt like I couldn't stop it.

his eyebrows both immediately narrowed as a look of shock covered his face, clearly being taken off guard from the words that have left my mouth. "where the hell did that come from?" he questioned me, confusion laced in his tone.

I shrugged my shoulders quickly, keeping my eyebrows intensely narrowed. "both the girls I've cared about, you ended up getting as if I meant nothing to you. so go ahead. go for jaylee again. it doesn't matter." I put my hands up in defense to let him know I wasn't going to stand in the way of him.

"ethan it's not like that." he told me in an honest tone, but I was too pissed at him to acknowledge it.

"you clearly still care about her cause you don't want her to get hurt." I spat back at him quickly, pointing one of my hands at him.

he shook his head like he were disappointed in me, looking straight forward out of the windshield. "I don't want anyone getting hurt, ethan. including you. that doesn't mean I love her?" he spoke in a voice like he was asking a question.

"no one is going to get hurt. it's just something fun to do since all of you want to bring her back into our lives." my tone of voice was cruel, but I lied straight through my teeth.

this wasn't just something fun to do. I do care about her. I want to be close to her. I want to relearn her. I want to explore a connection, without saying that I want to invest my heart into her.

if her and I have the mindset of just playing around and being only friends, that's when you fully re-fall without even realizing it.

I want to let her back in without forcing it. if her and I went straight to dating again, I would be forcing myself to get over the past.

"okay." grayson spoke quietly, sounding exhausted from the constant small fights we get in on the daily. "I'll see you tonight." he told me, putting the car into drive as he waited for me to shut the door.