26 - the mascerade ball

song for chapter:
talking slow - dylan jordan
| you were mine, at one point in time |
(highly recommend + put on repeat)

ethan's pov
tuesday, 7:30pm

I slipped my hands into the pockets of my slacks while my eyes scanned the entire room. it looks like we are in the ballroom of a castle. it's built like a huge dome, but with streamers and champagne trays everywhere.

"do you think the girls are having fun by themselves in the limo?" froy asked, taking a bite out of a mini cheesecake as he looked at each of us for an answer.

osman scoffed while narrowing his eyebrows. "they're girls. they make anything fun." he assured froy using a tone of voice as if it were obvious.

I laughed to myself under my breath as I looked at osman. his suit is fucking insane. what makes it even better is his attitude and how badass he thinks he is when he's wearing it.

froy popped out his bottom lip as he shrugged his shoulders. "touché." he said, agreeing with osman.

graysons hand gently brushed over his slicked back hair. "I gotta give it to us, we are the cleanest looking guys here." grayson spoke in a confident tone as he looked around at all of the people walking around.

"no doubt." froy agreed confidently, holding out his fist to grayson. without hesitation, grayson bumped his fist against froys.

"are you fucking blind?" osman questioned them in a loud tone of voice. "I spent eight hundred dollars on my suit. I am the cleanest looking guy here." he stated as a fact while his eyebrows started sharply narrowed.

grayson laughed as he firmly gripped osmans shoulder. "i've got to admit... the suit is pretty flashy." grayson hyped him up.

osman aggressively pushed graysons hand off of his shoulder. "it's fucking amazing is what it is." he spoke confidently.

"what's up with you, ethan?" froy questioned me as he finished chewing the rest of his cheesecake. "you're being so quiet." he narrowed his eyebrows, widening his eyes at me.

osman stood up from leaning on the wall, giving me a look as if he were trying to read me. "yeah, you've been quiet all weekend." he agreed with froy, now becoming suspicious.

I shrugged my shoulders and clenched my jaw tightly, trying to do everything I could to stop myself from breaking into a smile.

froy tilted his head as he sent me a suspicious look. "what?" he questioned me, his voice turning into an awkward laugh as he waited for me to answer him.

I rubbed my lips together, looking away from all of them in order to distract myself. I could feel my cheek bones defining from the smile that my lips formed into.

osman harshly shoved my arm in order to get me to look back at them and stop getting distracted. "tell us." he spoke in a dominate tone.

I cleared my throat, taking one of my hands out of my pocket to awkwardly rub my neck. "meandjayleehadsex." I mumbled quietly while looking down at the floor.

osmans jaw dropped immediately as he looked at me with a look of shock. "huh?" was all he could manage to say.

"me and jaylee had sex." I spoke in a low whispered tone, looking up to each of them as all of their eyes were pinned on me from being intrigued.