14 - the taste of familar lips

song for chapter:
to the wonder - aqualung
| where it all begins |
(highly recommend + put on repeat)

play the song. trust me.

ethan's pov
friday, 10:10pm

standing on the patio in my own backyard with a ton of random people that I don't know, I clicked the power button on my phone, causing the bright screen to turn on.

10:10pm.

the party started three hours ago. where is she?

putting my phone back into my pocket, my jaw clenched tightly as I walked back inside through the back door. I could feel my eyebrows slightly narrowed as I walked in a quick pace towards the kitchen.

my feet stopped once I was in front of the counter with multiple different options of alcohol on top of it.

handles of vodka and tequila, cans of mikes hard, cases of beer, bottles of smirnoff and even some jello shots.

my eyes scattered around to each of the drinks that were set out for anyone to take, debating on which one to grab.

"fuck it." I mumbled underneath my breath as my hand sternly gripped the neck of the vodka bottle. I brought it to my mouth, letting it pour down my throat. hating the taste, I exhaled a large breath as I put the drink back down onto the counter.

disgusting.

my face felt tight from the muscles in my cheeks cringing so hard from the awful taste. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand before turning around to face everyone inside of my house.

my phone vibrated from my back pocket, grabbing my attention. I took my phone out of my back pocket, looking down to the lock screen to read the notification that had appeared.

ella
10:15pm
happy birthday e

ella
10:15pm
I was hoping I could talk
to you for a second

I exhaled a large breath through my nose as I leaned back against the counter top. my thumbs hovered over my phone screen, being unsure of what to even say to her.

me
10:16pm
what do you want ella?

ella
10:16pm
can I call you?

me
10:17pm
no

ella
10:17pm
I can't stand you still
being mad at me

me
10:17pm
what do you expect?

ella
10:18pm
you can't deny that we
had a connection ethan?

me
10:18pm
I was dating jaylee

me
10:18pm
nothing was going on between
you and me

me
10:19pm
you took advantage of me

me
10:20pm
I didn't have feelings for you