35 - the nignt that ruined us

song for chapter:
call out my name - the weeknd
| I said I didn't feel nothing baby |
(highly recommend + put on repeat)

***FLASHBACK***
(these next 3 chapters are flashbacks just FYI)

1 year after moving in together
san diego, california.
saturday, 11:40pm
jaylee's pov

"are you guys ready to go?" I asked, putting my lip gloss into my handbag while rubbing my lips together to smooth out the layers.

osman shook his head, exhaling a deep breath of air while standing up from the kitchen barstool. "I hate you for making me do this." his voice was filled with dread.

"we're finding you a girl, os. you'll thank us later." grayson spoke in a tone that was mixed with a laugh while massaging osmans shoulders as if he were hyping him up.

"no one goes to a bar to find a girl." osman rolled his eyes out of annoyance, moving his shoulders to get froy to stop touching him.

"then be a trendsetter." froy dramatized his words as he looked at osman with a sarcastic expression on his face.

I walked over to ethan who was standing by the fridge, looking into it as if he were debating what snack to grab.

I walked behind him, wrapping my arms around his bare waist and laying the side of my face on his warm back. "please come." I spoke in a soft tone, hoping that he'd give in.

he shut the fridge, turning around to face me while I kept my arms wrapped around him. "you being cute isn't going to convince me." he laughed lightly, looking down to me and gently grabbing the sides of my face.

I stuck out my bottom lip while looking up to him. "please." my voice was almost inaudible.

"babe, i've been getting over this cold for a week." he told me, letting go of me and walking to the counter to grab his water. "also, osman hates this kind of stuff so I don't really wanna watch him be miserable." he spoke in a laughing tone while taking a sip of his water and looking over to osman.

osman kept a straight face, lifting both of his hands and sticking up his middle fingers at ethan from across the room.

"I agree, that's why i'm staying." ella spoke while sitting up from the living room couch and turning around to look at us. "we can just watch some movies and stuff while they go to the bar." she smiled, looking back and forth from froy and ethan since they were the only ones staying home.

my eyebrows narrowed as I turned my head to ethan. frustration built up inside me very quick.

please say no. i'm literally begging the universe for him to say no.

ethan put his water back down, then placed both his hands onto the counter top as he leaned his back against it. "I'm probably gonna just go straight to sleep. I'm exhausted." he told her.

instantly relief filled inside me. if he would have said yes, I know that my whole night would be ruined by my mind over thinking.

"oh hell no." ella got up from the couch and walked towards the rest of us. "it's a friday night. if we aren't going to the bar we have to at least do something." she dramatized her words while keeping her eyebrows furrowed.