A second chance

I woke up expecting to be in heaven with my loved ones. Or in hell for the lives I took in the war. Instead I was on a cliff. I get up slowly and look around I was standing on a very small piece of grass covered land with nothing on it besides me. All around me is the most beautiful purple sky I had ever seen. I walk over to the edge of the cliff and look down and wished I hadn't there was a fire burning bright and hot and all within it were skeletons that looked like they were trying there hardest to get away but couldn't.

" If you go over the edge little one I won't be able to save you from the hellfire", someone spoke in a raspy voice scaring me. I jumped and almost fell before I caught myself. I looked around again to see if I could identify whom the voice belonged to. But didn't find anything besides more purple sky 

"Hello"! I yell as loud as I can "Who's there, Where am I, Why am I here?" I ask frantically trying to figure out why I wasn't with my parents. All of a sudden as if a notice-me-not charm had been lifted a figure appeared in front of me. 

The figure was huge almost six times as big as my  5 ft. He had large raven wings extending from his shoulder blades, the figure was wearing a black flowing cloak that looked almost like a Demeter clock, and was holding a scythe. The figure had an area that held power just the sight of him would probably make grown men want to run and hide or piss themselves. But I stood in front of this powerful figure with no fear. It was like the second I saw him all my problems went away and I felt peace for the first time in a long time. I couldn't see his face which was hidden from view  by his hood, but I could tell he was looking at me. I felt as if he was looking right through me and into my soul.

"Who are you?" I ask again this time quieter and after a moment of hesitation.  

"I have many names little one but the one I like the most out of them is the Grim Reaper or Death. As for where you are you are in the in-between. Think of it like this there are three places a soul can go. One they can go up into the clouds that where those who have a full life and have done enough good go it's where your parents and uncles are. Two you can go over the edge into the hellfire that's where those who are bad go those who hurt people for pleasure once your in hellfire you can never be brought back out it is where your mothers family will go for what they did to you and the false sense of happiness it brought them. Or the third option, you come to the cliff to  be reborn into a new life this is for those who haven't done enough good in life to go upstairs or to much bad to go downstairs." Death answered 

"Is that why i'm here i'm going to be reborn"? Harriet asked confused

"If you want to be." Death spoke again. Before I could open my mouth to ask another question he was speaking again. "Every a couple centuries there is a soul that comes through that has been wronged and manipulated in ways that never were able to be themselves to prove where they needed to go in these cases I give said soul a choice. You little one are one said soul."

"What choice?" I ask still confused on what was going to happen to me. I mean less than an hour ago I was the-girl-who-lived hero of the battle of Hogwarts, defeater of Voldemort. I was about to be married to a guy I thought I loved and who loved me. I had a family with the Weasley's and the world's best friend in Hermione. But now I've been betrayed in every way I can think of and i'm dead in the presence of death discussing what to do next. It's just a little disorienting.

Death answered yet again in that raspy voice " You can advance upstairs with your parents and other family who have pasted, you can be reborn into a new life with no memory of this life, or lastly you can be sent back in time to a important time in your life and relive it and change your life to however you want or need it to be. You would of course keep your memories of this timeline and what has happened to you. If you choice this option you can go back to when you where born, the night of the attack, or when you get your Hogwarts letter the first time. It's your choice little one.

I stand there for a minute absorbing the information that was just given to me and thinking over my options. I knew I didn't want to be reborn, and as tempting as moving on is I want to make Dumbledore pay more than I want peace. That leaves me with when I want to go back to....