The bathroom sink

"Who's staying here for Christmas?" I ask during dinner ignoring the stares and whispers that always seemed to follow me. 

"The Weasley's are staying, it's rumored that their parents went to Romania to spend the holidays with their second oldest son. Two Ravenclaw's staying one 5th year and one 7th year both are planning on studying during the holidays. No HufflePuff's are staying not that's surprising seeing as they almost never stay during over break" Areas informs me. Hmm I bet Charlie is less than pleased with those arrangements he probably funded that trip no doubt.

"And from our house?" I ask

"Areas, Neville, and I are staying everyone else are going home for Yule, and well you Rose" Draco tells me.

I look between the three of them confused " Why are you three staying here?"

"Rose you were still unconscious when the sign up sheets came around we didn't want to leave you here alone in case something happened. Plus Aunt Cissa told us that she would have our heads if we came home leaving you alone" Nev tells me firmly. I smile at him my heart feeling like it might burst. I turn to Areas wondering why he stayed.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay" He tells me "It's not that big of a deal any way my foster family the ministry placed me in after my parents and uncle was locked away don't really care if I come home or not just if they get the 70 gallons a month for letting me live with them. The only reason I usually go home is so I can see Narcissa and Lucius, and visit my parents when the ministry will so gracefully allow for them to have visitors " he tells us with a careless shrug.

I nod in understanding not making a big deal out of it. "The three of you can help me over break I have quiet list of things that need to be done before the start of term" My court shares confused glances that I ignore for the moment.

Later that night the snakes gather in the common room to say their goodbyes to their friends. Not wanting to have to break their pure-blood masks for them at the train station the following day. 

At 9:30 I gathered everyone's attention "Alright I have a few things that I need to tell you all before you go to bed. First, everyone's trunks better be either packed already or you need to pack it before bed. I don't want to get up tomorrow to see you all running around like chickens with their heads cut off because you forgot to pack or lost a sock.  " I start noticing a few second years blushing and avoiding eye contact "On that subject because of that idiotic rule about weightless charms I except you all to either shrink your trunks, levitate them, call a house elf, or something similar there are many option I don't want to see any of you trying to lift a 50 plus pound trunk into your compartments. If you don't know the spells ask either a perfect or someone in my court we are more than happy to help" I gave the perfects a meaningful look that had them nodding quickly. "Over the holidays I expect you to practice your defense spells, and study for your upcoming lessons. " Groans are heard around the room, but no one spoke against me." That's all have a great Yule with your families and may your sacred logs burn bright. " They leave the room after returning the gesture.

*********************************************************************************************

The boys and I wave from atop the hill as the Hogwarts express leaves on it's way back to London. I lead the boys back to the common room where we spent the rest of the day doing our homework.

 I think McGonagall added extra papers to the Slytherin's than she did to the other houses just to fuck with us not that it's really a bother my house needed the challenge. Slytherin's are the top students in grades, quidditch, and in house points. It was kind of pathetic how much we were winning by. We were up 200 house points and the top 10 students in every year are Slytherin's not that any staff or student besides those who are or were snakes will admit that. There was a bet going around the common room over how long it will take the Ravens to come begging for help. I bet a gallon at least one would come by the first week after break.