Slytherin Rules

After filling the boys plates while they watched me with slight annoyance and amusement expressions and the other Slytherin's watched with confused expressions. I went to eating silently occasionally answering one of the boys questions.  Half-way through dinner Daphne Greengrass finally broke the silence that had surrounded our table. "I'm heiress Daphne Greengrass of the Ancient and most noble house of Greengrass" She introduces her self while holding out her hand. I took it and shook it as is formality when a pure-blood witch meets another pure-blood witch. Until they get closer then you great said pure-blood witch by air 'kissing' both her cheeks.

"Well met Heiress Greengrass, I'm lady Harriet Potter-Black of the noble house of Potter and Ancient and most noble house of Black" Daphne looked shocked for a second before fixing her pure-blood mask.

"Well met Lady Potter-Black I must say you are nothing like what the tabloids said you would be like". She commented. I look around amused. The boys had stopped there conversation the minute Daphne held her hand out and were ready to jump in at any minute. My boys were overly protective of me not that I can say anything seeing as I would kill anyone who even looked at one of my boys the wrong way. The other first years and up were trying to look like they weren't listening in but were failing, and half the great hall were still staring at me. Well glaring at me in Dumbledore and Ron's case. Expressions of shock, anger, horror, and disgust were seeing in various faces throughout the hall.

"And what did the tabloid's inform you I would be like?" I question.

"That you would be a carbon copy of your father, spoil, with little to no care for pure-bloods and our customs, Gryffindor golden child" She states. I look at and giggle thinking bout my past life where I was all those things except spoil, and now I was spoil but with all the pure-blood customs drilled into me. Oh how times have changed. Neville chuckles and Draco smirked.

"You shouldn't listen to what the media tell you. Almost all of it is false" Neville says with a smile. Draco nods.

Daphne blushed  slightly "I know it just comes as a shock that the 'Girl-who-lived' would be in the house for sly and cunning and not Gryffindor" She voiced.

I nod slowly finding this conversation Humorous not as fun as knocking Ron done a few pegs but humorous none the less. "You will find that i'm everything you expect me not to be, and so much more". I proclaim leaving those around us with more questions then they had to start with.All wondering different variations of the same questions: Who is she really? What did she mean by so much more? Why did the sorting hat put her here? What happened to Harriet Potter the girl who lived and Gryffindor golden girl?

I turn to Draco and start telling him the story of the Bloody Baron and The Grey Lady from Ravenclaw which I had learned in second year when Luna and I went to visit her and she was feeling emotional. Draco was soon enthralled with my tale never questioning how I knew it only enjoying the tale. Soon enough everyone was full and Dumbledore stood once again to speak

 "First years should note that the forest on the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. And a few of our older students would do well to remember that as well."Dumbledore's twinkling eyes flashed in the direction of the Weasley twins.                                                                                                        

   "I have also been asked by Mr. Filch, the caretaker, to remind you all that no magic should be used between classes in the corridors.                                                                                                          

"Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of the term. Anyone interested in playing for their house teams should contact Madam Hooch.