The headmasters office

The first month had passed in a blink of an eye. Hagrid tried at least twice a day to get me to go down to see him. I believe  that was Dumbledore's doing "subtly" trying to plant people to make me see the "light". I scoff at the very thought it was ridiculous. I had brought the letters to Snape at one of the newly formed defense classes and pulled out my naive mask and told Snape in a loud grave voice that I made shake on purpose making sure to talk loud enough for others to hear "I think I have a starker Professor. He keeps sending me letters to come see him in his hut alone. I wrote back and told him that I didn't know him and would like it if he would stop contacting me, but he ignored me saying that he knew my parents and he could tell me all about them, and that he had rock cakes for me if I came". I gave the letters to Snape to look at his face became one of disgust and nodded reassuring me that he would take care of it. I hadn't see a letter since but I did notice at meals that Dumbledore's mask was cracking.

It became a known fact through out Hogwarts that Hagrid had been trying to get me to go to his home alone. Some whispers of what could have happened to me if I had gone where heard circling the halls. It didn't help that Dumbledore was backing him telling the student body that Hagrid was just trying to help me learn more about my parents. No one believed him except the Gryffindor's and even then they were some who still stared at Hagrid suspiciously and tried to stay as far away from him as possible. Ron and his new "friend" took it upon themselves to fight for Hagrid proclaiming loudly about all the fun they have with him and his dog "Flame" I mean if your going to be in someones side you could at least get the facts straight. I had fun interrogating them about what kind of dog he has and what the inside of his hut looked like. It was hilarious watching him stammer before looking at his followers for help only for them to squeak like a mouse and hide behind him. 

I kind of felt bad at the start because I mean it's Hagrid the friendly half-giant but he would never stop supporting Dumbledore. Hagrid shouldn't have even been allowed to be hired at Hogwarts as the grounds keeper because you need to have at least O's in Care for the NEWT's to be eligible for the job and Hagrid didn't even finish school. The only reason he got the job right now is because Dumbledore deems it so. He really shouldn't have been able to teach I mean look at what happened in his classes blasted in skrewts should never have been allowed on the grounds let alone been taught in class. Aragog and his family should have been relocated away from here. 

*********************************************************************************************

It was the Wednesday before our first flying lesson when it came and I was slightly surprised that it had taken him this long to send it. I guess he was waiting for either Ron or Hagrid to convince me that Slytherin was bad and I needed to come back to the light in Gryffindor. I honestly believe he had been waiting for me to come running to him begging for a resort. Like that would ever happen.

Dear Miss Potter,

I need to see you after dinner to discuss your schooling here at Hogwarts. Something seem to have gone wrong when you were being sorted my dear and you will be required to come to have that fixed. Not to worry my girl it was nothing you did. I'll be waiting for you in my office after dinner.

Sincerely,

Professor Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore : Order of Merlin, first class, Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards, and Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot.

P.S. I'm rather participial to ice mice

 "What's that Rose?" I hear. I look up to see my court as well as half the great hall looking at me with curiosity. It was extremely uncommon to get mail at dinner instead of breakfast and usually only get them if there's an emergency.