Flying

When I had returned to the common room that night my court was waiting impatiently. As soon as I stepped through the passageway they swarmed me. All speaking over each other. 

Are you okay? What did he want? Did he hurt you? If he did i'll kill him! That one came from Draco who had a far away look in his eyes and I could almost picture all the ways he was planning on killing Dumbledore and if the small sinister smirk that was slowly crawling up his face was anything to go by I almost fell bad for the old bastard because that smirk held promise of pain. I'm so Proud! My babies growing up!!!

I spent the next two hours explaining everything that happened in a forty-five minute meeting in extensive detail. I love my court I swear I do but sometimes I want nothing more that to strangle them. 

I finally got them to go to bed after teaching them periculum obstructionum a high powered shield that was made illegal in the 1800's because it repeals the spell thrown at you by your opponent ,and then throws it back at them three times as hard. The fact it's easier to cast by those with darker cores didn't help it's case either. So the Wizengamot of the time had declared it "Evil" and anyone proven to have used it would be fined 1,000 gallons as is the penitently of the use of all forbidden spells. Those that can't pay are sent to Azkaban for a month. I obsessively taught them the spell on how to clear your wand history non-verbally the week before so if push comes to shove they can get away with it if someone checks there wands.

 Tracy was overjoyed with the spell she was muttering something about getting back at "Those cocky lions" and "Showing them how it fills to have a stinging curse sent at your feet, when your climbing the stairs" needless to say if I hear about any Gryffindor's being sent to the hospital wing this coming week for mysteriously falling down the stairs I won't have any idea who was behind it. No, none at all.

After making sure everyone had mastered or at least had it half way down I sent everyone to bed making sure all there homework was done...

I don't know how I feel about my new found role of "Mother" of most of Slytherin house. You know what i'm not gonna think to must about it, just gonna role with it and see where it takes me. I predict many a headaches in the future.

***********************************************************************************************

The next morning First years from all houses where bragging to anyone who would listen about there "Amazing" flying skills. I could hear Ron exasperatingly telling all the Gryffindor first years about how he almost hit a hand glider on his brother Charlie's old broom once. Fred told me later that he actually hit a kit and ended up entangled in it so badly that he couldn't see where he was going causing him to crash into a pond. I couldn't breath for five minutes afterwards from laughing so hard. Hermione was of course quoting things she had read and memorized from 'Quidditch through the ages' I saw Lee Jordan banging his head on the table from a few places down while Fred was mimicking her and George was making a strangling motion with his hands at her. 

A Hufflepuff that I couldn't identify was bragging about winning third place in a juniors flying competitions when he was four.

Terry Bott was complaining about how it was unfair that his parents never let him on a broom and he was under qualified to be on one from the get go. Terry was ranting about how there should be a class about the theory of riding a broom and the techniques that make it easier and or safer for beginners.

The Slytherin's were talking quietly within themselves about the latest brooms there families had bought and conversing with the older students about the qualities of the school brooms.

At three o'clock I lead the Slytherin's down the front steps and onto the grounds beyond where the flying lesson was held. I levitated the brooms with the least amount of twigs missing to our side going down the line and muttering basic repairing charms on them so they would at least looked like they would be able to fly without snapping in half from the our weight.