Becoming Queen

Long Chapter- this took me like seven hours to write.

Previously on Fixing the Past: "When I call your name step up and duel Mason". Snape commands.

"Crabbe Vincent"

Crabbe walked into the middle of the room where Mason was waiting. When he was five feet away from his opponent a focus field surrounded them. Hun I think I test the shield with a small amount of magic and was quiet shocked to find ancient dueling wards used to make sure no rouge spells can hurt those watching the duel. From the complexity and small parselmagic I can feel hidden within the wards it's more than likely that they have been there since Salazar Slytherins time. If that's true then Slytherin must have had this court system a thousand years ago. I muse to myself. Do you think in that time Salazar would have been king? Or would he have let one of the kids in his house be king? Did he create the Slytherin hierarchy or was it someone else? And was Merlin ever a Slytherin king?

Crabbe who was never good with any kind of spell stood there shaken scared, but hide it under his mask of stupid that Goyle and he had perfected at some point. I mean it is kind of ingenious make everyone think your dumb enough to not know the difference between your head and your toes. Those around you would let there guard down and let your most secure secrets slip thinking Crabbe and Goyle wouldn't understand the meaning of what you have said becoming perfect spies. I mean don't get me wrong Crabbe and Goyle could barely get any spells to work correctly in my last life lets not even mention potions, but I think that it's not from being incompetent I think that they just learn differently than everyone else I think they need to research a spell or potion extensively knowing ever pro and con of said spell/ potion before trying to practice it. I remember in fourth year when I was almost always in the library researching ways around the stupid tasks I would find Crabbe and Goyle in the same corner every day Crabbe with Astronomy books and Goyle with history both wizarding  and muggle. For two hours before they would get charms books and read and read and then try a spell that everyone else in our year had learned a week before. Like I said the stupid is a mask and everyone around them never figured out there learning needs so they all thought the two buff Slytherins were stupid beyond measure. I on the other hand never underestimated them knowing they could be dangerous with all the skeletons from various peoples closets they knew. I mentally added teaching Crabbe and Goyle spells and potions secretly throughout the year so they could become even more perfect spies to my to do list. I think I could get them in the top thirty of our class in there school work. Spies that not only knew exactly what those secrets could do to whoever they had got them from and the best part no one would know any different never knowing they had just given the information needed to destroy them.

 I could do the same with Tracey I think to myself looking over at her she's got a mask of sunshine and rainbows that make you think she's naive but in reality she's as mad as Bellatrix. If I remember correctly in the last war Tracey was known for her use of the Knee-reversal spell, and more muggle torture deceives and methods such as death by a thousand cuts,rat torture, and many others. It was a known fact that you never wanted to be on the receiving end of her "Playtime" some going as far as to beg Bellatrix to torture them instead. I shudder to think of being on her bad side.

Focusing back in on the duel I saw Crabbe and Mason bow to each other and on the count of three Mason send a Expelliarmus at Crabbe making his wand fly out of his hand and into that of Masons not that it was shocking seeing as Crabbe is a first year and hasn't even been to his first class yet. Claps were heard before Snape called upon the next first year.

"Goyle, Gregory"

The duel between Goyle and Mason went exactly like that of Crabbe and Masons. Along with the other two Slytherin girls with whom I didn't bother learning the names of.