Quilmort, Trolls, and Idiots Oh My...

After sending Hedwig off Ron predictably 'cornered' me right after dinner with his 'friends' or what I like to think of as a group of mischief following the Pied Piper after dinner. 

"Hey, Potter!" Ron yelled at me extremely loudly seeing as how we were standing less than five feet away from each other. I wonder briefly if he knows what an inside voice is? Before scrapping the idea when I remember all the time I spent at the burrow where the volume level was always at a constant 10 including flying food, small explosions, and that was when it was calm.

"Can I help you with something Weasley?" I ask polietly but with a bite that caused Dean to wince. 

"You think you have the right to put a spell on me! You filthy death eater wanna-be..." Ron starts ranting and i'm seriously regretting undoing the silencing spell I had put on him after the flying lessons. "....And I could take you in a fair duel. That's why you didn't actually fight me isn't it! Your scared that I could beat you! I'm so good I could probably beat you with one hand behind my back. In fact let's put it into the test me and you behind Hagrid's hut at midnight. Wizard's duel no contact. What's the matter scared?" He taunted like he was Billy bad ass. His little friends were nodding and sneering at me like I was beneath them. 

By this point Draco and Neville had joined me. Both having come looking for me when they made it back to the common room and I wasn't already there seeing as I had left early. They looked dumbfound before looking at me silently asking if this idiot was really that stupid. I gave a deep sign shaking my head. "Alright" I signed out "Neville's my seconded. Who's your's?" 

Ron finally stopped ranting looking at me like I had grown a second head. I think he thought I was going to tell him he was right and that he was the better wizard/witch and beg him not to make me duel him. Yeah... that's not happening ever! Ron stutters out Seamus's name before turning away and fleeing the entrance hall.

"Draco, Honey do sissy a favor" He looks at me seriously ready to for anything I ask of him. I smile brightly at him. "Go tell your God-father that a group of Gryffindor's are planning to meet outside Hagrid's hut to have a duel without the required protection needed at midnight." He grins at me and runs off.

Neville and I walk the long way back to our dorms talking about his day and what he likes and dislikes about Hogwarts so far. 

Neither Rose or Neville noticed a set of red eyes watching them suspiciously. 

*

The next morning a considerably number of points were missing from Gryffindor. It went from 50 points to negative 10 over night I watched gleefully as every person in the house of lions glared hatefully at Ron and three of his Minions including all Ron's older brothers. Serves him right challenging me.

I'm broke out of my vindictive thought by the rapidly growing whispers. I looked up in time to see about 40 large owls flying in all heading to Madam Hooch who looked quiet startled. Each bird held half of a large suspiciously broom stick looking package. They set it down in front of her before flying off making room for the next couple of owls. The brooms soon started to tumble off the head table. Right before she could open one a last small owl flew in landing on Madam Hooch's shoulder sticking out it's leg impatiently. She took it and slowly read over the note blinking those large owl like eyes a couple times before breaking out into a large grin. 

She stand up and reads the note to the rest of Hogwarts. 

Dear Madam Hooch,

I was told last night by my son that the brooms at Hogwarts are severely outdated. To the point that there breaking apart. I'm sure you know the danger of using such brooms especially for children. It makes me wonder why the Headmaster or Deputy Headmaster hadn't already fixed the problem knowing it could cause one of the children harm. Once I heard about it i'll be honest with you it sent a shot of pure fear down my spine. I contacted some of my friends and they agreed with me.