Chapter 3: Healing

The Tower was quiet, dark, cold. It was five in the morning and the sun was barely rising.
All five titans tucked away soundly in their beds.
Raven was the first to awake, although she wouldn't come out of her room for a few hours later. She crossed her legs and levitated in front of the window to begin her early morning meditation.
She closed her eyes.
Azurath metrion zinthos
She repeated this several times.
The sun was beginning to creep in her room through the window.
It found its way to every dark corner of her gothic room, lighting up everything it touched.
The sun was always so warm and cheerful. It was something she longed to be.
She focused in on meditation, until she heard footsteps come from outside her door.

Robin was second to rise. Every morning he would check the cities security cameras and scan the area for trouble, even if there was none. He entered the common room to see Cyborg checking the cameras before him.

"Cyborg, what are you doing up so early?"
Cyborg lifted his head

"I couldn't sleep, decided to start the day early." He replied

Robin knew why he couldn't sleep. It hurt him to see his best friend in so much pain, it hurt all of them. He walked over to Cyborg and rested his hand upon his shoulder.
"I'll make breakfast for us, down for waffles?" Robin smiled.

"Always!" Cyborg exclaimed. They walked over to the kitchen together and began taking out the ingredients.
"Let's see" Cyborg said.
"We will need Five eggs, Three cups flour, Two cups sugar, and One and a half cups water."
Robin walked over to the cupboard and pulled out bowls, spoons, whisks, and the measuring cups. Then he opened the fridge and gathered all the ingredients plus some sprinkles to mix in the batter. As they began to prepare the waffles, two more titans had began to stir.

BeastBoy awoke with a gasp and whimper. He looked around his room, all he remembered was cyborg picking him up from the pizza place last night. He jumped off of the bottom bunk of his bed and stretched out his front legs, then back legs before turning back into his human form. He looked over at his desk. The heart shaped box he had made Terra was sitting there. It felt as if it was staring back him, straight into his soul. He felt his chest tighten. He looked in the mirror. He was still in his uniform from yesterday.
He let out a sigh. "I should probably change into something else." He thought to himself. He shuffled over to his closet and pulled out a purple shirt with black jeans.
Even when the titans wear casual clothes they often resemble the uniforms.
He pulled his utility belt through the loops on the Jeans and fastened it. He slipped his feet into a pair of grey Nike's. He glanced over at his desk one more time. He walked over and picked up the heart shaped box before leaving the room with it in hand. He walked down the halls before coming to a stop in front of Starfire's door. He knocked quietly, hoping he hadn't woken her up unknowingly. "You May enter." A gentle voice said from beyond the door. Star was sitting at her vanity brushing her scarlet hair. As the door slid open she saw BeastBoys reflection in her mirror. "BeastBoy!" She exclaimed. She flew up to him and gave him a spine cracking hug. "Hey Star." He said gasping for air as she tightened her grip around him. She grabbed his arm and drug him to her bed. She sat on the edge. "Please sit." She motioned for him to join her. He sat down. "Tell me BeastBoy, what troubles you."
He looked at Starfires bright green eyes. He remembered all the times she had saved his butt during battle and all the times she saved his butt from the other titans. He glanced to the corner of her room. Silkie was sleeping silently on his bed. He remembered the first time he brought Silkie home and the first time he asked Starfire to care for him. He smiled. He looked up at Star. She was waiting for him to reply.
" I did some thinking and I wanted to give you this." He held out the Silver Heart Shaped Box he made for Terra. "I made it for Terra a long time ago, she only held it once before leaving it in her room. I took it back to mine and kept it on my desk. I have no use for it, so I thought maybe..."
Star understood what he wanted. It was reminding him of times he wished to forget. She put her hands out and collected the box for him.
"Thank you BeastBoy, it is most beautiful. I will treasure it forever." She smiled.
She didn't care that he had given her something meant for a different girl. She understood him as well as Cyborg did. She was like a sister to him and if this box was keeping him from moving on , Star would take it away from him.
Gently, she placed the box on her bed.
She sniffed the air, her open door had let in a delicious aroma.
She gave BeastBoy a devilish grin.
"Do you smell what I smell?"

He flashed her a mischief smile.

"WAFFLES!" They yelled in unison.

They took off running down the hall.
"LAST ONE THERE IS A ROTTEN E—oof" BeastBoy slammed into Raven, she had just emerged from her room. She flashed him two fiery red eyes. Starfire standing behind her watching them closely.
"I'm sorry Rae I didn't mean too"
BeastBoy covered his face with his arms and prepared for an ultimate beating from Raven.
She towered over him, a dark energy raven behind her getting ready to consume him. "HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU TO WATCH WHERE YOU ARE GO.."She blinked, realizing that BeastBoy was happy. It was like he had forgotten about Terra for a split second. "On second thought, it's okay" she said returning to her normal self. Starfire gave her a reassuring smile. "Go on, run to your waffles." Raven said to BeastBoy.
With that she was left in a cloud of dust kicked up by the two racing titans. She was glad he was up and feeling better, but somewhere deep down inside of her she had a feeling something was about to go very, very wrong.

Starfire and BeastBoy burst through the doors of the living room and headed straight for the kitchen. It looked as if they were going to run everyone down that got in their path. This caught Robin and Cyborg off guard as the dropped everything they were doing and huddled together. Starfire and BeastBoy came to a complete halt at the bar right in front of them.
"Umm what are you two doing?" BeastBoy asked.
Robin and Cyborg glanced at each other and quickly pulled away from their grip.
"How ya feelin B?" Cyborg asked.
"Better" BeastBoy replied.
"That's good" Robin said as he placed a stack of waffles in front of BeastBoy. " Hope you're hungry, sprinkles are mixed in, just like you like"
BeastBoy drooled over the stack as he started to dig in.
Starfire smiled at robin as he handed her a plate of waffles.
"How'd you sleep Star ?" He asked her
"Oh it was most glorious!" She exclaimed "I had a dream that I was back on Tamaran with my Kanorfka Galfor!"
"That's exciting" Robin said. He still remembered the last time they were on her home planet. She was almost married away to an alien she didn't even know. He was determined to not let that happen again.
"How was your sleep?" Star asked Robin.
"It was fine" he replied. "I didn't have any dreams though."
He lied. Robin really did have dreams, every night. His dreams were often nightmares of Slade coming back, or the Joker finding his way to the Tower and attacking them. Other times his dreams were pleasant, they were about him and star as a couple.

The doors to the main room slid open and Raven appeared from the shadows.
"I smell waffles" she said in her monotone voice.
"Why hello there little lady, would you like some waffles." Cyborg said as he slid the plate down the counter to Raven.
"Thank you" She replied, as she began to eat.
They all sat down and began to eat there waffles. A good start to a good day, they were all determined to help BeastBoy through his funk and this was just one of the ways they planned to do it.