Chapter 8: Bond

Steel walked through the hallway until he came up to the common room. The big metal doors opened with a swoosh.
"Oh Steel! How glorious it is to see you this morning!" Starfire said and she rushed over to hug him.
"Good morning cutie." Steel smiled back as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders.
He glanced over at Cyborg cooking breakfast in the kitchen.
"Mmm what smells so good?" He asked as he walked over with the pretty girl on his arm.
"Ham and waffles!" Cyborg screamed as he waft the air surrounding them. Raven glared at him from the other side of the room.
"Oops sorry..." Cyborg replied nervously. "I get excited for breakfast." He chuckled
"Hey there's something I kind of need to tell you." Steel said.
Cyborg and Star moved in front of him to see what he had to say.
"All of you." He motioned to Raven. She took the hint and levitated her way to the group.
"Aren't you going to wake BeastBoy ?" Cyborg pointed to the couch. BeastBoy was fast asleep, drooling and dreaming about who knows what. 
"And should not we wait for friend Robin?" Starfire asked hastily. She hadn't talked to Robin today but she could feel there was going to be some tension.
"No, Robin already knows. Me and him had a chat earlier this morning. As for BeastBoy... watch this." Steel said. He turned to face BeastBoy and focused his attention on the metal base of the couch. His eyes began to glow gray as the couch turned clockwise and tilted on its side. The metal expanding from different areas of the couch making it dance like waves on a sea.
"GAHHHHH" BeastBoy screamed as he jolted awake. "EARTHQUAKE!!"
He leapt off the moving couch into the air.
Raven extended her arm and encased his body in dark energy.
"BeastBoy, calm down." She said as he fought her grip.
"I CAN'T WE HAVE TO GET OUT NOW! GRAB THE TOFU AND—"

"Open. Your. Eyes." Raven grumbled

BeastBoy opened one eye and peered through.
"Why isn't the building collapsing on us?" He asked quietly
Raven brought him down and placed him next to her.
"Because there was no earthquake."she nodded to Steel who was now commanding the spoons to dance.
"Cooooool" BeastBoy said.
"Looks like we got a metal controller on our team." Cyborg said. He was impressed. He had never seen anything quite like it in Titans history.
Raven sat in the back quietly. She wasn't about to trust just anyone who walked into the tower and showed them their powers. She never handed over her trust easily. Especially not since Terra.
"So I see Steel has showed you what he is capable of." A voice said from the door way. "Good morning Friend Robin!" Starfire beamed, trying to get rid of any unwanted tension that could have built up from last night."
"Good morning Star" Robin said, but he didn't look at her. He looked right past her. He was keeping his gaze fixed on Steel. He didn't trust him. Neither did Raven. She could pick up on Robins feelings and emotions since she had been inside his mind. She knew this wouldn't end well.
"Mind joining us for combat practice today, I'd love to see what else ya got!" Cyborg said.
"Wouldn't miss it." Steel agreed, still keeping eye contact with Robin.
"Great." Robin scoffed.
"Cyborg can I talk to you for a minute?" Robin asked
Cyborg nodded and followed Robin into the hall.
"Do you really think this is a good idea? Can we even trust him, what if it's just a repeat of Terra?" Robin asked Cyborg.
"Dude, I don't know. But Starfire seems to have a thing for him and so far he's been more open with her than you have been. Do you know how many times she's come to me crying because she's confused about your feelings for her." Cy snapped at him.
Robin sighed.
"I know I should've told her how I feel and now I guess I'm going to loose her."

Cyborg loosened up and put a hand on his shoulder. "I don't know man. She's like my little sister and I believe that you are the best for her but I also believe Steel is making her happy. You loose 100% of the shots you don't take." He smiled and left the hallway to go back into the common room.

Robin followed behind him.
When they re-entered Starfire had taken over cooking for Cyborg. She did not wish for his breakfast to be burned.
Raven was back in the corner meditating and brewing her Herbal Tea.
BeastBoy had started a video game up with Steel. As the two butted heads on who would win the match Robin began to think.
"Maybe he will be better for her, better than I ever was..." he sighed and walked over to his radio in the corner of the room. He plugged in his headphones and turned the music all the way up. He wanted to drown out the voices in his head.
About three minutes in to his music he felt a slight tap on his shoulder.
It was Starfire.
"Robin are you the okay?" She asked quietly.
"I'm fine Star." Robin smiled weakly.
" So we are the okay then, correct?"  She asked
"Yes Star we are." He said still holding a faint smile.

"Oh most joyous ! I am happy we are still friends!" Star smiles and clapped.
Robins smile grew stronger.
"Hey do you wanna go for coffee later? Just you and me." He said, hoping that time alone would strengthen their relationship.
"I will not be able to attend Robin. Friend Steel has asked me out on what you would call a date! We are going out to eat at Steamy's tonight! I have always wanted to go ! They have such wondrous lights of strings!" She exclaimed.
Robin whipped around, his smile vanished.
"Steel. Hmmph." He said grumbling under his breathe.
"Robin what is wrong ?" Starfire said noticing the shift in attitude
"Nothing Starfire." He replied angrily
"But Robin I—"
"I SAID NOTHING. NOW GO" Robin yelled at Starfire.
Everyone that had been in the room with them stopped and stared. Robin never yelled at Starfire, BeastBoy maybe, but never Star.
He watched her lip quiver and eyes begin to water up.
"As you wish." She replied and flew out of the room holding in her tears.
Robin looked around at the other titans, they were all in shock about how he just treated Star.
One by one they all shuffled out of the room giving him disappointing  looks, he knew he really blew it this time.
Robin could feel the anger in his chest rise and spread throughout his whole body. Before he knew it he was in his room changing into dark blue skinny jeans and a skin tight black shirt. He replaced his mask with black sun glasses and kicked off his cleats. He went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror, he ruffled his hair. Instead of the normal spike it had he made it untamed and swept over to one side. He grabbed his vans and tied them up before busting out his door. He stormed down to the garage and started the R-Cycle. He revved it and sped out the door of the garage into the big city, but his destination was not within jump city limits. He was heading somewhere else. Somewhere bigger. Somewhere darker.
He was heading to Gotham.