Chapter 29: Awakening

Raven's eyes were filled with the bright life of light & met with a pair of Forrest green eyes hovering above hers. A toothy grin spread across BeastBoys face.
" Hey mamas, how are you feeling?" BeastBoy said as he moved her hair behind her ear. "could be better." She replied she held her hand out to use her energy to clean up the vase. Her hand was shaking, she was still healing from the attack and she was still very unstable. Her powers sparked and went out, like light that had just burned out. BeastBoy gently pushed her hand down, "you need to rest." He said lovingly. " I'll clean it, don't worry about it. Are you hungry?" 
Raven nodded and smiled as she sat up in her bed. BeastBoy walked over to the hole Starfire made in the wall and stuck his head through it.
Raven listened in closely. There were peoples voices coming from the other side.
"Alfred, she's awake. Can you please get her some soup? She said she was hungry." BeastBoy said.
"Oh yes indeed!" Alfreds echoed back.
She watched him scurry out the room and into the med bay waiting room. There was more mumbling and voices before BeastBoy turned around and started walking her way. Foot steps followed behind him.
Cyborg and Bumblebee filed in.
"Hey little lady!" Cyborg said happily. "It's nice to see you awake."
"Ditto" Bee said. "You and Star had a lot of people worried about you, really gave these guys a run for their money."
Raven smiled. " Wheres Star? Is she okay?" She said.
"She's doing fine, obviously." Cyborg said as he motioned towards the hole in the wall. "She had a break when she first woke up. Unleashed hell on us, whatever you guys went through in that hotel really strained her mentally, & drained you physically."
Raven moved the blankets from her legs and stood up trying to gain her balance, she stumbled a little as cyborg put her arm around his shoulder. "You really should be resting you know." Cyborg said.
She looked at BeastBoy & then cyborg and bee.
"You guys need to know what happened, it's only fair I tell it all with star and Robin in the room."
They all nodded as BeastBoy took her other arm & helped cyborg take her to the common room. Her feet felt like cinder blocks against the floor, she was struggling to keep up with the boys even at the slow pace they were going.
BeastBoy looked down as they walked through the hallways.
"There was a moment we thought we almost lost you Rae." He said. "Your breathing wasn't shallow and your heart beat was getting slower every minute. If we were even one minute later getting you here you might have not made it."
Raven didn't want to tell them all she could hear what they were saying. During that time it was very fragile situation for her to endure, almost like it was a butterfly ready to fly away but holding on for one more day. "You wouldn't have lost me BeastBoy. I promise." Raven said weakly. BeastBoys worries face turned into a unstable smile as he looked her in her violet eyes.
"Raven you should've seen him. He was a beast, he almost mauled me for coming into your room." Cyborg said. Raven laughed as BeastBoy gave him a side eye. He cared about his sweet Raven, more than she will ever know. A few heavy steps and hallways later they had finally come to the common room doors.
"Are you sure you are ready to do this?" Bee asked from behind them.
Raven let her hands fall from the boys shoulders.
"Ready as I'll ever be." She replied. The doors opened. On the other side Starfire was sitting on the couch and Robin was helping Alfred in the kitchen. Starfire was the first to see Raven. She flew up in the air and flew back to her friend. "RAVEN!" She yelled, Knocking her down to the ground, this was probably one of the biggest hugs Starfire had ever given Raven in her life.
"Woah Star, take it easy!" Cyborg said as he pulled the alien off of the half-demon. Robins attention was caught after hearing the commotion in the bacK. He walked over as fast as he could. BeastBoy was still helping Raven up from Starfires bone crushing hug.
"I am the sorry Raven, I just got excited." Starfire said innocently.
Raven smiled. "That's alright Star."
"Raven you're awake!" Robin said as he finally got up to his team.
"Yea, & now that I am there is stuff that I need to tell you two. All of you." Raven replied. BeastBoy helped her to the sofa while Alfred brought over her soup. Once they all sat down around her she began.
"It started with a flash of white light & a crash..."